LIGHT the TOWER ?

greenjoe

10 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I understand it might not turn green when the backboard turns red, but I wait until the last second to leave, listen to the alma mater, and shake hands with a couple of players, and walk to my car.  How long does it take to flip a green switch ?  

Well, the kids that go to the game have to walk from the arena to McConnell Tower.  If they stay for the Alma Mater (which they should, I always did), the walk is probably....ten minutes after they leave.  So perhaps fifteen minutes from the game ending to the turning on the light.

**Pledge Class '96

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, CMJ said:

Well, the kids that go to the game have to walk from the arena to McConnell Tower.  If they stay for the Alma Mater (which they should, I always did), the walk is probably....ten minutes after they leave.  So perhaps fifteen minutes from the game ending to the turning on the light.

**Pledge Class '96

What a glorious walk that was!

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, CMJ said:

The Talons traditionally have a little ceremony when they turn the light on after a home game.  If it's just done remotely, that'd kinda ruin it.

This would be great.  Who participates in the ceremony?   They could still do it as part of the post game celebration. Wheel out a big red button or switch to center court and have a live feed of the tower on the video screens.  Keep the fans around for a few extra minutes to participate while the Talons “flip the switch” to light the tower.  

Edit:  make that a big green button.  My bad. 

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1