NIL College Jersey Sales As A Compensation?

PlummMeanGreen

Remember as kids those cartoons whereas  a dam had a hole appear in it that it would be patched up only to have another hole immediately pop up & on & on & on & on?

Well, the NCAA is the dam & NIL are all the dam holes that keep popping up getting temporarily patched until another hole pops back up. This will never end. 

You know it & I know it that this NIL thing is never going to work but rather cause dissension among teammates as in:   
“How much did Joe Q. Lineman get compared to me?”  Well, that’s just not fair & I’m getting pissed & will be outta’ here on the 🎶next train to Clarksville🎶 & to another school! 🤬

https://footballscoop.com/news/nil-jersey-sales-players-compensate

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Remember as kids those cartoons whereas  a dam had a hole appear in it that it would be patched up only to have another hole immediately pop up & on & on & on & on?

Well, the NCAA is the dam & NIL are all the dam holes that keep popping up getting temporarily patched until another hole pops back up. This will never end. 

You know it & I know it that this NIL thing is never going to work but rather cause dissension among teammates as in:   
“How much did Joe Q. Lineman get compared to me?”  Well, that’s just not fair & I’m getting pissed & will be outta’ here on the 🎶next train to Clarksville🎶 & to another school! 🤬

https://footballscoop.com/news/nil-jersey-sales-players-compensate

🦅

This is what NIL is supposed to be. Schools would be stupid not to sell replica jerseys of actual players and giving them a cut.

Sadly, since we can't even get generic replica jerseys at the bookstore and spirit stores I doubt we'll be seeing Tylor Perry jerseys anytime soon.

• Upvote 2

If you'll recall we did that for Deandre Torrey.  For $40 one could buy a jersey with his name on the back and the proceeds went to him.

I don't see this as making more than a few hundred dollars for all but a few of the more popular positions.  So linemen, if they are all-conference, would likely get a rather small piece of the pie.  Successful quarterbacks, running backs and receivers will still get most of the NIL money.

• Lovely Take 1

41 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

If you'll recall we did that for Deandre Torrey.  For $40 one could buy a jersey with his name on the back and the proceeds went to him.

I don't see this as making more than a few hundred dollars for all but a few of the more popular positions.  So linemen, if they are all-conference, would likely get a rather small piece of the pie.  Successful quarterbacks, running backs and receivers will still get most of the NIL money.

I think those were some t-shirts and not true jerseys.

• Upvote 1