We need to cheer for the Astros.

BigWillie

3 minutes ago, rcade said:

If a man builds a thousand bridges and cheats one World Series, they don't call him a bridge builder ... they call him a cheater.

I guess if you’re the New York Yankees they just forget to mention the cheater part. The Astros became the SMU of the MLB, even though the Longhorns or Yankees were as bad or worse, we come after the teams with less legacy that got too good too fast.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I guess if you’re the New York Yankees they just forget to mention the cheater part.

I'm happy to rip on the Yankees but they haven't won a World Series or the American League since 2009. What they did or didn't do while achieving nothing for 12 years isn't that relevant.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rcade said:

I'm happy to rip on the Yankees but they haven't won a World Series or the American League since 2009. What they did or didn't do while achieving nothing for 12 years isn't that relevant.

Haha Rogers, you always have a way with words that makes me put down my sword. Well done sir.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rcade said:

Plus, they are the damn Yankees.  Screw 'em.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I guess if you’re the New York Yankees they just forget to mention the cheater part. The Astros became the SMU of the MLB, even though the Longhorns or Yankees were as bad or worse, we come after the teams with less legacy that got too good too fast.

Combine that with winning the World series by beating the Red Sox, Yankees and Dodgers in a single postseason to do it... that meant that it was going to be that much worse of a crime!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Combine that with winning the World series by beating the Red Sox, Yankees and Dodgers in a single postseason to do it... that meant that it was going to be that much worse of a crime!

I'll never forget the Rangers traded Yu Darvish to the Dodgers that season, so I was rooting for him.
He caught fire with the Dodgers & was MOWING DOWN everyone during that postseason.   Then, when he got to the World Series, he somehow got lit up like a Christmas Tree... twice.  It made no sense. 
Everyone was saying, "Oh, he's tipping his pitches...", I mean, what else would explain what was happening to him?  Yet, despite a million people watching replays/footage of him, no one could figure out how.  If a pitcher is tipping his pitches, eventually reports come out showing how.  "He was doing such-and-such with his glove prior to a breaking ball", "He was delaying his windup when throwing a fastball", etc...   Nothing like that came out.   
Nah, he wasn't tipping his pitches.  He was cheated out of a fantastic postseason and a WS ring.  Then, he was chased out of town by an entire Dodger fan base angry at him letting them down in Game 7.  Poor guy.   So wrong.

2017 Division & NLCS:  2 Starts  11.1 Innings, 2 Earned Runs.
2017 World Series:  2 Starts  3.1 Innings, 8 Earned Runs.

To this day, most Astros fans are unremorseful.   That WS should absolutely have an asterisk (at the least), and honestly should be vacated.

As a guy who grew up as a Braves fan since the Worst-to-First season (I'm much moreso a Rangers fan now, but still keep up with the Braves), I'm thrilled that this scrappy, short-handed Braves team won!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'll never forget the Rangers traded Yu Darvish to the Dodgers that season, so I was rooting for him.
He caught fire with the Dodgers & was MOWING DOWN everyone during that postseason.   Then, when he got to the World Series, he somehow got lit up like a Christmas Tree... twice.  It made no sense. 
Everyone was saying, "Oh, he's tipping his pitches...", I mean, what else would explain what was happening to him?  Yet, despite a million people watching replays/footage of him, no one could figure out how.  If a pitcher is tipping his pitches, eventually reports come out showing how.  "He was doing such-and-such with his glove prior to a breaking ball", "He was delaying his windup when throwing a fastball", etc...   Nothing like that came out.   
Nah, he wasn't tipping his pitches.  He was cheated out of a fantastic postseason and a WS ring.  Then, he was chased out of town by an entire Dodger fan base angry at him letting them down in Game 7.  Poor guy.   So wrong.

2017 Division & NLCS:  2 Starts  11.1 Innings, 2 Earned Runs.
2017 World Series:  2 Starts  3.1 Innings, 8 Earned Runs.

To this day, most Astros fans are unremorseful.   That WS should absolutely have an asterisk (at the least), and honestly should be vacated.

As a guy who grew up as a Braves fan since the Worst-to-First season (I'm much moreso a Rangers fan now, but still keep up with the Braves), I'm thrilled that this scrappy, short-handed Braves team won!

Agreed. And Yu was getting ROASTED by everyone for "tipping his pitches". Always liked Darvish and he deserved better

• Upvote 1