We need to cheer for the Astros.

BigWillie

I will never root for the cheating Astros, but it would be nice if Mattress Mack started writing big checks to UNT athletics again. The Dickeyball era ended 15 years ago. He's gone on to successful OC stints at a bunch of schools. Who is even still around UNT athletics who pissed Mac off back then?

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2021 at 7:01 PM, Pseudo Nym said:

Rooting for Dusty Baker and the Braves (Been a big fan of Joc Pederson fan since his days in the minors!)..... I know what I said, but hell, it's fun to be a hypocrite sometimes and ride a bandwagon!

That's Baker, number 12, he was on deck when Hank Aaron hit is record-breaking home run!

joc pederson ttm.webp

baker on deck.jpeg

Umm, you realize Baker is the manager for the Astros, right?  Now you must be torn.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

Cheer for a team that won a world series while cheating, and a fan base that has no remorse and thinks the entire baseball world is out to get them and that they're the victims? No thanks. Go Braves!

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Saw this:

Astros fan targets Braves with 'The Chop is Racist' sign during World Series  | Fox News

And secretly wish a Braves fan holds up a sign with a trash can that says "Cheaters"

Just when you thought Astros fans couldn't get anymore insufferable (I dealt with them in Houston during their last World Series run). Same energy that says the Chiefs have to change their name because it is offensive to tribal leaders.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3

20 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

Cheer for a team that won a world series while cheating, and a fan base that has no remorse and thinks the entire baseball world is out to get them and that they're the victims? No thanks. Go Braves!

Riiiight and SMU was the only SWC team paying players back in the day too. 

Dry your eyes, your lowly Rangers or Yankees will get back to the big show someday. Until then, enjoy watching my lifelong favorite team wreck shop on national television. It must really pain you to know that they are winning now even without cheating.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Umm, you realize Baker is the manager for the Astros, right?  Now you must be torn.

For sure, that's what I was getting with calling myself a hypocrite/bandwagonner 🤣

I was a Yankee fan for a long time, I grew up mostly on military bases outside the USA and at the time AFN (Armed Forces Network) had one sports channel, literally called "AFN Sports" and all we'd see were the good teams, so the Yankees became the team I rooted for (this was all before Firesticks, ROKU, Facebook and more or less, the internet).  

After they kept signing A-Rod after he admitted to lying, like three separate times, there was no way I wanted any part of the organization, the Yankees used to stand for something and then they sold out to A-Rod.  So I stayed a fan until Jeter retired, then I became a free agent fan haha!  Kind of the same about how some folks view Jerry Jones firing Landry when he brought the Cowboys, just a step too far.