Scholarship spreadsheet

ntmeangreen11

This includes incoming recruits in the true freshman column as well as JUCO recruits being placed in to the correct class. The total number of scholarship players may be wrong, walk ons could have earned scholarships, some players from 2020 class could blueshirt etc.

EDIT: This link should work now

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQ6-xAL5v7We3TF9lIATCKzsHWl8V_JbuWvJtORYFH-2vwVJZMAZhYCvKmA63FzZ74N9E_IuCi_LjsI/pubhtml

Edited by ntmeangreen11
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3

• Harry featured this topic
1 hour ago, GrayEagle said:

There is a mistake on the QB numbers.  We have 4 scholarship quarterbacks...1 RFR (Kuehne) and 3 RSOs (Aune, Bean, Martin).

Are you certain Aunne is on scholarship? Can he be on scholarship after a pro athletic career? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I wasn't aware he had been awarded a scholarship I will amend if you know that for certain.

I could be wrong.  He paid his way his first year I know but I thought that he was given a scholarship for this year.  BTW I believe that a former professional can be given a scholarship as long as it's in a different sport.

• Upvote 1

Given that we are set to lose three scholarship running backs this season, not offering Cobbs seems a little more crazy. After next season it's just Siggers, Adaway and the incoming Isaiah Johnson. Although I do get it if at the end of the day they are scared of his overall speed and him not being as effective at the FBS level. I would really like to know how many spots we have left in this class and if we are prioritizing OL/DL players for those spots.

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Given that we are set to lose three scholarship running backs this season, not offering Cobbs seems a little more crazy. After next season it's just Siggers, Adaway and the incoming Isaiah Johnson. Although I do get it if at the end of the day they are scared of his overall speed and him not being as effective at the FBS level. I would really like to know how many spots we have left in this class and if we are prioritizing OL/DL players for those spots.

I think you are accurate with the concern about his speed.  It appears we have 4 or 5 spots left and are focusing on both lines and the transfer portal.  I think they are trying to address the RB situation with the recent PWO offers.  Kind of surprised we didn't offer Cobbs a PWO.  No harm in that and if he pans out and performs like he did at Guyer, they can present him a scholarship later on.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I think you are accurate with the concern about his speed.  It appears we have 4 or 5 spots left and are focusing on both lines and the transfer portal.  I think they are trying to address the RB situation with the recent PWO offers.  Kind of surprised we didn't offer Cobbs a PWO.  No harm in that and if he pans out and performs like he did at Guyer, they can present him a scholarship later on.

PWO offers typically come pretty late in the recruiting process because schools wait to see what kind of attention a player gets, in reality he is too good for a PWO offer from a school like UNT.  Maybe a Big 12 school could still offer that and he might take it seriously (especially with that $30,000 scholarship he just got), but when he has several FBS offers he has absolutely no reason to be anything other than insulted by a PWO from us at this point.  

For all we know we might have initially told him we have a walk on spot for him, when guys have offers already on the table they usually aren't going to post about PWO stuff unless it's a really big school from what I've noticed.  Who knows what all really happened behind the scenes on this.

• Eye Roll 1