2019 CUSA Bowl Lineup

vpackrats

On 12/8/2019 at 8:23 PM, Mean Green Matt said:

CUSA desperately needs to earn some respect, so we need to be pulling for all of them. Especially FAU. 😉

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28232056/ranking-college-football-40-bowl-games-least-most-entertaining

No C-USA bowl game cracked the top 15 in ESPN's list of the Top 40 Bowl Game Rankings. Highest was SMU vs FAU at 16, and lowest was Louisiana Tech vs Miami at 36. Arguably the biggest bowl game for a C-USA team against a P5 opponent, and ESPN has it ranked as the 4th worst bowl game of the season. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28232056/ranking-college-football-40-bowl-games-least-most-entertaining

No C-USA bowl game cracked the top 15 in ESPN's list of the Top 40 Bowl Game Rankings. Highest was SMU vs FAU at 16, and lowest was Louisiana Tech vs Miami at 36. Arguably the biggest bowl game for a C-USA team against a P5 opponent, and ESPN has it ranked as the 4th worst bowl game of the season. 

According to the ESPN article, 

We're not saying "worst," because they're all good!

So, the "worst" game is still a good game according to the guy who wrote the article!

25 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

According to the ESPN article, 

So, the "worst" game is still a good game according to the guy who wrote the article!

To me, that is the equivalent of "It's not you, it's me" in a break up. A piece of fluff used to lessen the blow before the truth really comes out. Plus, ESPN is broadcasting a majority of these games so what else are they going to say, "This game sucks so don't watch it"? The proof is in their actual ranking which does not come out positively for C-USA. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

To me, that is the equivalent of "It's not you, it's me" in a break up. A piece of fluff used to lessen the blow before the truth really comes out. Plus, ESPN is broadcasting a majority of these games so what else are they going to say, "This game sucks so don't watch it"? The proof is in their actual ranking which does not come out positively for C-USA. 

From the article, "Repeat after me: There is no such thing as too much college football. That being said, we've got 40 games to watch, so get your popcorn ready and let's draw up a road map from the least entertaining (note: We're not saying "worst," because they're all good) to the most entertaining." 

Now, some people don't really like college football. But for those who DO, bowl season is the most wonderful time of the year! 

By the way, Disney wants ESPN to carry MORE bowl games as they are net revenue generators - more so than the regular season.