When Do We Finally Grow Tired of Being 2’nd Hand Rose With A Scarlet “G5” On Our Foreheads & Asses?

PlummMeanGreen

Just asking & don’t get your panties in a wad old timers or you who refuse to leave our vaunted past.

QUESTION: Did you like that feeling you had after the Arkansas win & that video gone viral publicity after “The Fake Fair Catch?”

Are we not worthy of that more than 1 or 2 times  a football season or do you prefer the “We po’ but proud” mentality of most our athletic history?

Then....Smartresk, BOR’s, “ In Wren We Trust” & Mega-Donors...HELP US FIND A WAY OUT OF THIS NCAA FOOTBALL WILDERNESS & PURGATORY—our continued growth will take care of our OldDenton past! 

⁉️ Remember the little girl in “Field of Dreams” as the adults were frettin’ over their present situation & dilemma?   She said....”THEY’LL COME.”

GMG!

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 14

11 hours ago, tmjerm said:

I think just about everyone is onboard with the idea of getting out of G5....as is nearly every G5 school in the country.  Making it happen is a different story.  They’re making progress with the program.  Hard to ask for much more at this point. 

Well, 6 of my down votes apparently are not onboard, tmjerm, but of course they could be 6 GMG.com members from other CUSA schools who want us to stay right down there with them or........6 from OldDenton who are just hunky-dory OK with what we’ve accomplished in our “100” (that’s one hundred) plus years of playing NCAA college football or just typical public university oriented bureaucrats who honest to God  have to have a government who tells them when they can take a potty & then how many squares of toilet paper Big🇻🇳Brother will allow them to use.😱

Honestly, though, this (hopeful) at some point   (just merely having a study) to do all possible aiming our ship toward an NCAA P5 nirvana of an  existence “will not be influenced or decided” by anyone on this forum &......👀Looking at the past low goal setters among us  who at times seem to dominate this same forum—-THAT IS A GOOD THING!  

Trailblazers rarely have fully supportive broad support until said Trailblazers accomplish their goal & then everyone was right there with them from the git-go as they proceed to “quietly” (un-noticeably) jump on the bandwagon.🙄

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, meangreanmick said:

You want to improve our standing in the college football world, it takes 3 things:  winning, lots more money, and much better attendance/fan support.  Wishing for it doesn’t get us there.  And making really bad decisions sends us backwards.

IMHO, administration is doing all it can to accomplish the first two points. We as fans have to step it up, which means we have to show up in the range of 25,000 butts in seats per game no matter the weather conditions, no matter the time, no matter the opponent. It's getting better, but our fan base in general are a bunch of weenies. I've seen way too many people pack up at halftime or at the end of the third quarter when it's a one score game. Unbelievable!  What I hate is that we have to jump through hoops to watch a road game.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, meangreanmick said:

Ok, so you don’t think it’s non UNT people, I gave you a down vote, for the following reasons:

- beating a dead horse

- I don’t have any idea what you are saying

Thanks for identifying yourself in your response.  I appreciate that.  

Dead horse? 😊 I didn’ know the “get UNT to a much better athletic neighborhood” subject had become a regular staple on this forum to the level of ad nausea? Yet IMHO it’s a better “what if” subject than about a 3 dozen other “what if’s” that did become dead horses on GMG.com since this forum’s beginnings years ago.

🤔Confused?  You shouldn’t be because the original post was not meant for you or anyone else on this forum  but rather the Big 4 (see below). Posters on GMG.com should not think for a minute that someone doesn’t pass onto the B4 the pulse of this forum periodically because someone does.

➡️ FOR INSTANCE.....Remember how about 2,000 views in the space of about one hour on the Mason Fine potential transfer thread received a fairly quick response from campus with Mason’s well-worded explanation? Campus   powers didn’t see the Mason Fine viral response looking up  into the blue skies for some kind of sky-writing from a divine force.😳

The Big 4?  (1) Smatresk (2) BOR’s (3) Wren Baker (4) the Mega-Bucks group who can make things happen at North Texas much  quicker than where others took it decades before. It’s the Mega-Bucks group of UNT who’d probably want this program to be in a better neighborhood than 99% of the OldDenton “we po but proud” group. 

⁉️ Why not be ready if there is another NCAA conference shake-up as some predict (or UT/OU leaves Big 12 scrambling up that conference) instead of our being at the train station come realignment time & the train has left without North Texas (once again)? 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 5

3 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Thanks for identifying yourself in your response.  I appreciate that.  

Dead horse? 😊 I didn’ know the “get UNT to a much better athletic neighborhood” subject had become a regular staple on this forum to the level of ad nausea? Yet IMHO it’s a better “what if” subject than about a 3 dozen other “what if’s” that did become dead horses on GMG.com since this forum’s beginnings years ago.

🤔Confused?  You shouldn’t be because the original post was not meant for you or anyone else on this forum  but rather the Big 4 (see below). Posters on GMG.com should not think for a minute that someone doesn’t pass onto the B4 the pulse of this forum periodically because someone does.

➡️ FOR INSTANCE.....Remember how about 2,000 views in the space of about one hour on the Mason Fine potential transfer thread received a fairly quick response from campus with Mason’s well-worded explanation? Campus   powers didn’t see the Mason Fine viral response looking up  into the blue skies for some kind of sky-writing from a divine force.😳

The Big 4?  (1) Smatresk (2) BOR’s (3) Wren Baker (4) the Mega-Bucks group who can make things happen at North Texas much  quicker than where others took it decades before. It’s the Mega-Bucks group of UNT who’d probably want this program to be in a better neighborhood than 99% of the OldDenton “we po but proud” group. 

⁉️ Why not be ready if there is another NCAA conference shake-up as some predict (or UT/OU leaves Big 12 scrambling up that conference) instead of our being at the train station come realignment time & the train has left without North Texas (once again)? 

GMG!

What are you talking about? If there was a power 5 formula, everyone would be doing it. Tell me what more UCF could do? They haven't sniffed the power 5. Our only focus should be building the program the right way. Competing for CUSA championships, becoming nationally relevant by participating (and winning) in postseason, staying out of NCAA trouble and keeping up grad rates. University academic rankings and reputation are another area to focus on. You act as if we are missing the boat but offer no clarification on how. As an old timer, we've made more progress in the last 3 years than we the previous 20. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, meangreenJW said:

What are you talking about? If there was a power 5 formula, everyone would be doing it. Tell me what more UCF could do? They haven't sniffed the power 5. Our only focus should be building the program the right way. Competing for CUSA championships, becoming nationally relevant by participating (and winning) in postseason, staying out of NCAA trouble and keeping up grad rates. University academic rankings and reputation are another area to focus on. You act as if we are missing the boat but offer no clarification on how. As an old timer, we've made more progress in the last 3 years than we the previous 20. 

Actually, my original post requested of our Big 4 leaders at UNT to please “help us find a way” out of this G5 wilderness & purgatory. They might even have to become creative Trailblazers & suggest ways others have yet to come up with to solve so large a challenge. 

Is there some kind of a P5 monopoly with any of this as they selfishly protect their humongous TV cash cow while they continue to get all the chicken salad leaving tbe rest of us with all the chicken shit?

Yet our BIG 4 get  paid the big bucks for a G5 level program to do such things & never-mind what the hell UCF does. In fact, how long has UCF been teeing it up compared to North Texas?  (The answer to that does not favor our favorite school). 

• I obviously don’t always post things on this forum to tickle all the sheeple’s ears or to get votes as Mayor of MeanGreenville.  I posted this thread because I just happen to think (& have since the 1970’s) that we still deserve better no matter who comes up with a plan to get us into a better NCAA neighborhood. 

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5