Attendance?

shootermcgavin44

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Sone highlight type exposure at most. SEC network will briefly hit on the game and then move along. Sat night I was watching a game on SECN and had no idea Arky had lost until a friend of mine texted me. They will name the score and then bury it. We could go undefeated this year and end up playing Wyoming in the New Mexico bowl. We could go 8-4 and end up playing Wyoming in the New Mexico bowl. That's a systematic problem that needs serious addressing. 

i can promise you, if we go undefeated we will not be in the New Mexico Bowl.  If we go undefeated we would be in the 20-25 range of the polls, have an outside shot at a NY6 bowl (depending on how Boise and UCF's seasons turn out).  We would have the pick of the littler of the CUSA bowls at the very least, putting us in Dallas or possibly a liberty bowl type game.

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Sone highlight type exposure at most. SEC network will briefly hit on the game and then move along. Sat night I was watching a game on SECN and had no idea Arky had lost until a friend of mine texted me. They will name the score and then bury it. We could go undefeated this year and end up playing Wyoming in the New Mexico bowl. We could go 8-4 and end up playing Wyoming in the New Mexico bowl. That's a systematic problem that needs serious addressing. 

SEC Network is obviously going to want to bury one of their schools getting beat by COSt.   ESPN & other online outlets don't care as much & will cover appropriately.
Granted, if we go up to Fayetteville & take care of business, the headlines will be more about Arkansas being in a tailspin instead of how great UNT is.
And you have a point about going undefeated & still possibly being in the New Mexico Bowl (if we're not the top ranked G5, which, if we're undefeated... re: C-USA champs, we will be), but that's not on us or exposure.   That would be on C-USA leadership.

When was the last time a coach for UNT was on a radio show in Los Angeles?  Not only that, but a national syndicated radio show out of Los Angeles, one that is hosted by a nationally known radio personality (and said personality actually did some research on the team, instead of just hoisting up generic questions because he was told to interview some coach from Texas)?

I think even the big heads and P5 ball lickers at ESPN, realize what kind of alumni base a school like UNT, UCF, UH, etc.. posses, and when these kind of schools start to make a few waves, things open up for them much more than say the small schools like SMU, etc...

If we win on Saturday, you will start to see the talking heads on CBS and FOX and maybe even ESPN start to talk about Fine and Guyton and company.  Problem will be though, if we slip up just and inch, it will all come crashing down in an instant.

Boise wasn't built in a day, but they also took advantage of multiple years of success before they built the brand that the likes of ESPN would acknowledge.  

Edited by GreenN'walinsVet

16 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

i can promise you, if we go undefeated we will not be in the New Mexico Bowl.  If we go undefeated we would be in the 20-25 range of the polls, have an outside shot at a NY6 bowl (depending on how Boise and UCF's seasons turn out).  We would have the pick of the littler of the CUSA bowls at the very least, putting us in Dallas or possibly a liberty bowl type game.

Yeah, the Liberty bowl vs 6-6 Kentucky. Our plateau of plateaus is to go vs a middling 'P5' program in the Liberty bowl. Becuase they aren't putting a 13-0 CUSA champ above a 1 loss Boise or UCF unless we bend Arkansas over this Saturday and win the rest with relative ease. I'm not moaning and notching about anything UNT related, just so we're clear. It's the system I have a problem with. The system that is blatantly stacked in favor of about 20 programs. 

3 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yeah, the Liberty bowl vs 6-6 Kentucky. Our plateau of plateaus is to go vs a middling 'P5' program in the Liberty bowl. Becuase they aren't putting a 13-0 CUSA champ above a 1 loss Boise or UCF unless we bend Arkansas over this Saturday and win the rest with relative ease. I'm not moaning and notching about anything UNT related, just so we're clear. It's the system I have a problem with. The system that is blatantly stacked in favor of about 20 programs. 

no doubt it is stacked against us, but why would they put a 1 loss Boise or UCF above us?  answer is they have done it before, so yes this year we may go undefeated and it up against a 6-6 Kentucky or whoever, we follow that up with another 0 or 1 loss year next year and that is a total 3 year record of around 35-7 and we will start to see the same benefits of the doubt that Boise, UCF, TCU (in the day), Louisville (in the day), Utah(in the day), etc.. got.  Unfortunately it takes time and there is almost no margin for error, but i would also argue that Texas wouldn't be Texas if they had filafarted around for 100 years either.

Those so called 20 school that have all the press and accolades built their reputation to that level over years and years of success.  

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Yrah, and Boise's exposure has set them apart. We are sort of starting to see the same thing at UCF. Which is great, good for them. 

But...the Toledo's, SDSU'S, NIU in their multi year heyday, Marshall, LaTech, Fresno, even USF and UH, MTSU, etc. etc. all have pretty strong programs either currently or recently. But they get just about 0 exposure. Unless you're skulling your conference and making it to the NY6 bowl, you're irrelevant and get no exposure. And until people in the right places push the envelope it will never change.

You know when these teams get the most coverage? When they beat P5s in the OOC portion of the season. That is something we have not done and MUST do to get real national respect.