Interesting UNT vs SMU historical comparison

Harry

These statistics are what make me nauseous about this opponent.  There is nothing we can do about the past, but we can damned sure set our jaws and come out balls-on-fire to dominate the next opportunity...and the next, and the next, etc.  It is time!

Vegas still has us as only a 3.5 point favorite!  This team must accept the challenge and take no prisoners!

200w.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

And this has what to do with the game a week from Saturday?

To me, it is an embarrassing reminder of where this series stands historically. It should motivate the players to do everything they can to take one incremental step forward.  A week from Saturday is the only opportunity this year to do anything more than just talk about it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

This is ancient history for most of our players. I believe the fact that they are a close rival that looks down their noses at us is motivation enough. This is a new era and the past is the past.

The past is what makes college football so special.  I think we should open every season against SMU for as long as we can.  These regional rivalries are so important, obviously.