Super Bowl

UNTLifer

7 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Happy for Doug Pederson coaching a team to a Super Bowl Championship. .  I saw him play against the Mean Green for ULM..(Northeast Louisiana State) in the late 80's. Good for him.

Rick

Yeah, good for him.

As I recall Doug Pederson was the one who engineered a last minute come-from-behind winning TD in the 1990 game at Fouts. We had just gone ahead with just a minute or two left and then Pederson proceeded to work his magic with the help of his "all-day-long-go-to-receiver....Cisco Richard".  Every.big play by NLU that day was a Pederson-to-Richard pass play.  Pederson got his team up to around the 50 yard line with time running out and then, (with me screaming as loud as I could "he's going to throw it to Richard.....who the hell is covering Richard?") he makes the big throw to........you guessed it.....Cisco Richard....... and wins the game. To add insult to injury, Pederson then turns to the North Texas fans, and takes a bow. And then trots off the field as if this was just another day at the office. 

I can't remember who i was more furious with, Pederson/Richard or our defensive players and/or our defensive coordinator.

GOD! I was furious. 

So, the only reason I say "good for him" is because Pederson worked his infuriating magic on someone I dislike more than him.....Bill Belichick .

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Also...Pederson did it in only his second year in Philly, and 10 years removed from coaching high school ball.

So there's no excuse for Jason Garrett not to get it done in his 8th year.  Sick of his "It's A Process" excuse.

Rick

We can thank Jerry for that.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Also...Pederson did it in only his second year in Philly, and 10 years removed from coaching high school ball.

So there's no excuse for Jason Garrett not to get it done in his 8th year.  Sick of his "It's A Process" excuse.

Rick

1.  My god!  A high school coach can evolve and adapt to coach successfully at a higher level?  What is this wizardry? 

2.  I watch very little NFL football.  Like probably less than two regular season games a year.  That general ignorance admitted, it is my understanding that the NFL is very conservative in its game planning and play calling.  NFL Coaches are very hesitant to be the first guy to do something.  What I saw on Sunday is that Pederson came in, said, "Screw that tradition," and went after the Patriots wire to wire with the play aggression meter set to eleven.  NFL could probably use a shot in the arm like that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:27 PM, FirefightnRick said:

Happy for Doug Pederson coaching a team to a Super Bowl Championship. .  I saw him play against the Mean Green for ULM..(Northeast Louisiana State) in the late 80's. Good for him.

Rick

Agree with you.  Good guy. Lots of us "old timers" saw him play for NELA (ULM).  Good to see him doing good things in the NFL.  Guy is certainly not timid about calling plays.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1