Good Night for NT

CMJ

Even better guys, I was at the game tonight but had to leave a little early to take a friend home, anyways, the crowd was mostly locals. Students - maybe 300 or so, the Pit is filling up with real basketball fans that are starting to take notice. I think I am correct in this - we are basically 4 points from being 7-0 in the Belt. We lost to NMSU by 3 and to UNO by 1. Not only are we winning games that we would have lost just last month, but we are playing every game close no mater the opponent. That shows me good coaching. Coaching that knows how to adjust to the opponent rather than just throwing out the same game no matter who we play. JJ is a good coach and RV is proving himself to have a real eye for seeing that a program is being built the right way, rather than just looking at the W/L record. That contract extension is looking better every week.

Great atmosphere tonight. I heard Coach Jones on the radio after the game say he really appreciated the crowd and atmosphere.

We made our free throws down the stretch, which would have won the game Thursday night as well.

I have to give props to DeGrate for a great game, and Will Smith for his hustle and hard work. Jerome had a couple of sick moves and was a one man press break at the end.

Let's go to La-La and whip the first place Cajuns!

The Athletic Department had a promotion tonight. It was the "Souls vs. Soles" game. Local preachers vs local coaches was played at 5pm. A ticket to that game was good for the NT-USA game. Many people stayed for the NT game. There were many more children than usual at the Pit, and they were very enthusiastic. Not very many left at the half.

I overheard some first time NT BB watchers behind me talking about how surprised they were that the players were so good. They stayed till the end of the game. Maybe they will come back.

The basketball game was great. Jaydub's outfit was a little out of control--but still a good time all around.

I think it is crazy that Scrappy is still missing. It has almost turned into a funny irony--we're still have a some what apathetic student body, with the problem spilling over to our MASCOT. He doesn't even care about the team! blink.gif Wow. If anyone knows what the deal is, let me know.

All Saturday's festivities were great even though it was so cold. The gmg bowl should become an annual tradition. The ringer was hot. How did we get him out there anyway?? And TwoDollarPistols Jr. is the cutest little girl ever!!! We even got her on the jumbotron! biggrin.gif

Can't wait for the next time we all hang out. GMG. smile.gif

Dag-nabbit, everyone I know was really wild about that game. All that running and cold air wasn't nice to my legs...can barely walk today.

The cheerleaders thing has to really be better than this. If the whole UNT Dance team can make it out, then why not the cheerleaders? More importantly, why not Scrappy?

*Considers suiting up Eppy and rockin' it out there for the Alumni*

Edited by meangreendork

The basketball game was great. Jaydub's outfit was a little out of control--but still a good time all around.

I think it is crazy that Scrappy is still missing. It has almost turned into a funny irony--we're still have a some what apathetic student body, with the problem spilling over to our MASCOT. He doesn't even care about the team! blink.gif Wow. If anyone knows what the deal is, let me know.

All Saturday's festivities were great even though it was so cold. The gmg bowl should become an annual tradition. The ringer was hot. How did we get him out there anyway?? And TwoDollarPistols Jr. is the cutest little girl ever!!! We even got her on the jumbotron!  biggrin.gif

Can't wait for the next time we all hang out. GMG. smile.gif

Thank you...and TDP Jr. talked about you and Ms. Brook quite a bit. Ya'll were terrifically sweet. I'm glad that she didn't give you an accurate portrayal of normal behavior. smile.gif

on the bright side we had one more cheerleader than the last game. if this trend keeps up we could have a squad by the middle of next month!

We only have two more home games I believe, so if these trends continue FIVE whole cheerleaders might show up to the last home game! Which would move the cheerleading participation from non-existant to abysmal! The future looks bright.