THIS!

TheReal_jayD

1 minute ago, Silent Eagle said:

Get ready for Ben Gooding to destroy WB for his acceptance of this. 

Should it not be destroyed? Would another AD in a real conference for a real program post such accepting blasphemy? It's conceding to a worthless F'n performance. It screams, "Too bad, it's the way it is, but look at the smoke and mirrors I have to offer." It IS #OldDenton. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 24

We need to give credit to FAU.  They have a really good coaching staff and great offense.  They are showing every sign of being next year's "BCS Buster" and getting into a big bowl and bringing more money & recognition to CUSA.

We need to give credit to our coaches and players for having a great season and stick with it.  I like the way the coach as the team trying to compete the whole game.  We couldn't climb out of the 1st half hole, but we didn't quit either.

I'm ready to go bowling.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

Yeah....Or UCF beats the hell out of Memphis earlier this year. Memphis comes back and game plans and puts the effort into place to be competitive in the AAC Champ game and goes down fighting in 2 OT's. We at UNT can't expect that though. We just concede to our beating because We. ARE. UNT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5

Everyone is happy with the results for the most part..   They are not happy with things like the blow out losses, the such close games.. and settling for bottom feeder bowls.. I’m sorry but the NO maybe great but to me it’s like the Armed Forces Bowl just because of the SBC.. Troy, ArkState are good programs but they do nothing for most of the fan base.. Fresno and SDSU have been ranked, while there are hopes Troy could be.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Should it not be destroyed? Would another AD in a real conference for a real program post such accepting blasphemy? It's conceding to a worthless F'n performance. It screams, "Too bad, it's the way it is, but look at the smoke and mirrors I have to offer." It IS #OldDenton. 

Man, your season has sucked. We have only won 9 games this year and the Razorbacks blow. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Man, your season has sucked. We have only won 9 games this year and the Razorbacks blow. 

Why would he care about the Razorbacks? Isn’t he a Florida fan??? 

Also, 9 wins are great but single digits is not something to breath confidence into a fan base.. and multiple 20+ defeats should but many here overlook it..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

I'm not an Arkansas fan, but OK? 

My UNT season has not sucked. But the games that mattered most to ME, have. @SMU, today vs FAU. 

To be fully transparent, like I have said before, I have not been more happier as a UNT fan than the win vs Army this season in Apogee. The fight of the offense, the environment provided by the fans, the feeling of being a real FBS football program and then pulling out the W to cap it off. It was great and it will be something I will always remember. But, there's always a but in this business. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Everyone is happy with the results for the most part..   They are not happy with things like the blow out losses, the such close games.. and settling for bottom feeder bowls.. I’m sorry but the NO maybe great but to me it’s like the Armed Forces Bowl just because of the SBC.. Troy, ArkState are good programs but they do nothing for most of the fan base.. Fresno and SDSU have been ranked, while there are hopes Troy could be.. 

But there is no chance to play Fresno and SDSU.  Might as well complain that we are not playing UCLA or Arizona State.  They are not on the table.  You get that, right?

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, MattMakesLoans said:

We need to give credit to FAU.  They have a really good coaching staff and great offense.  They are showing every sign of being next year's "BCS Buster" and getting into a big bowl and bringing more money & recognition to CUSA.

We need to give credit to our coaches and players for having a great season and stick with it.  I like the way the coach as the team trying to compete the whole game.  We couldn't climb out of the 1st half hole, but we didn't quit either.

I'm ready to go bowling.

Listening to the amount of seniors they have as starters on both sides of the football. I don't see FAU being as good next year. 

• Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, drex said:

We got beat by a better team...get over it.  There are programs out there that we are not ready to match up with...FAU is one of those.  Kudos to the team for winning 9 and possibly 10 at the bowl.  My only frustration is that we lost twice to Kiffin.

Here! Here!  I lift my glass and drink to that, old friend! 

GMG!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I'm not an Arkansas fan, but OK? 

My UNT season has not sucked. But the games that mattered most to ME, have. @SMU, today vs FAU. 

To be fully transparent, like I have said before, I have not been more happier as a UNT fan than the win vs Army this season in Apogee. The fight of the offense, the environment provided by the fans, the feeling of being a real FBS football program and then pulling out the W to cap it off. It was great and it will be something I will always remember. But, there's always a but in this business. 

Thought you were from Arkansas. 

• Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Thought you were from Arkansas. 

Home of the tooth brush for, uh,......one tooth?

Not mean't for you, BG, just another old "dad joke" I couldn't resist. 

I wish SUMG would get back on this forum and give us some professional jokes like that night he did a gig on the A & E Network & at the L.A. Improv when Lou Grant was guest host.

GMG!

• Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

But there is no chance to play Fresno and SDSU.  Might as well complain that we are not playing UCLA or Arizona State.  They are not on the table.  You get that, right?

How is now that Frenso nor SDSU are potential matchups in NM.. hell we should embrace any MW team over a SBC..

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

7 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

How is now that Frenso nor SDSU are potential matchups in NM.. hell we should embrace any MW team over a SBC..

I would tend to agree with you, BTG__Fan1.   We need to really broaden our competitive horizons beyond the Sun Belt & to another NCAA geographical region (for possible future T25 votes) & that is not saying Troy doesn't have a good team by any means.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1