THIS!

TheReal_jayD

6 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Lol no one in that OL is irreplaceable.  Henson should be glad SL wanted to RS some OL otherwise he would be watching a true freshman play in front of him. All defensive players can be replaced with equal production.  McClain got toasted too much in coverage and got exposed he won't get drafted.  Jenkins will be toughest to replace.  Think Cam Johnson steps in and replaces immediately.  Between safeties we have on campus and what we're  bringing in McClain won't be as missed as you think.  DL will be better and LB shouldn't have to watch McDonald get drove or unable to get off blocks anymore as the freshman we have should be stepping in nicely after a big off season.  Offense kept us out of SMU, both FAU games.  They didn't do crap in first half of either FAU games.  You think defense can just go out and get stop after stop with 45-90 second breaks and no time to adjust or get coached up?  NOT GUNNA HAPPEN MY MAN.  But then again, that would require you to know a thing or two about football.  

Lol Henson may have been the best OL outside of Woodworth.. McClain is still better than any Safety we have committed and yes even better than Gibbs.. Flusche again does more for the team with his leadership.. Wheeler has no replacement.. but yet the defense will be better! Lol Johnson comes in and replaces Jenkins means either Brooks or Hall is benched (remember hall is one of your young guys!!).. funny you think you can say you know football because you are a random HS coach.. pretty sad you think that means you know more than others.. 

LOL offense kept us out of SMU? Dude we gave up 38 straight points.. we gave up 4 TDs to Sutton, it was not a fluke game it was well known Sutton was the man.. the logic that the defense can’t go get a stop after 90 seconds is offset by going into half without using a damn timeout.. if you’re damn tired fake a cramp.. Use your damn head, but you know all since you are a partime coach..

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Because vs some of the contenders of the West this year (UAB, LaTech, UTSA) we won by a combined 5 points. All 3 have been recruiting significantly better than us. What makes ANYONE think we will do the same next year. I will be absolutely shocked to see us back in the CUSA champ game next year, aka a step back and COULD be a significant step back. It''s scary to think about what could be. The lust could be lost very, very quickly in 1 years time. 

Yep. on offense, everyone returns minus Mayfield, Henson, Smiley and Wilson. The D returns everyone but McClain, Jenkins, Baulkman, Johnson and adds English to the DL. The lust isn't lost. 

I don't care if we won all nine in OT, we won 9 games when most predicted 5 or 6, plus this team showed more character than we have shown in a while. I am proud of the team, the staff and the administration. Anyone that doubts the direction of the program or the ability of any listed above is blind. Oh, and comparing WB to RV based on a tweet where he supported his team and staff at the end of a great season is woefully short sighted. I am glad to see the support. The young men on this team should be extremely proud of what they accomplished this year. 

Niw let's go win a bowl game!

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep. on offense, everyone returns minus Mayfield, Henson, Smiley and Wilson. The D returns everyone but McClain, Jenkins, Baulkman, Johnson and adds English to the DL. The lust isn't lost. 

I don't care if we won all nine in OT, we won 9 games when most predicted 5 or 6, plus this team showed more character than we have shown in a while. I am proud of the team, the staff and the administration. Anyone that doubts the direction of the program or the ability of any listed above is blind. Oh, and comparing WB to RV based on a tweet where he supported his team and staff at the end of a great season is woefully short sighted. I am glad to see the support. The young men on this team should be extremely proud of what they accomplished this year. 

Niw let's go win a bowl game!

Wheeler and Flusche will also be leaving us I believe.  Is Colton McDonald out of eligibity?  He was also a starter at LB.

Edited by TreeFiddy

49 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Lol Henson may have been the best OL outside of Woodworth.. McClain is still better than any Safety we have committed and yes even better than Gibbs.. Flusche again does more for the team with his leadership.. Wheeler has no replacement.. but yet the defense will be better! Lol Johnson comes in and replaces Jenkins means either Brooks or Hall is benched (remember hall is one of your young guys!!).. funny you think you can say you know football because you are a random HS coach.. pretty sad you think that means you know more than others.. 

LOL offense kept us out of SMU? Dude we gave up 38 straight points.. we gave up 4 TDs to Sutton, it was not a fluke game it was well known Sutton was the man.. the logic that the defense can’t go get a stop after 90 seconds is offset by going into half without using a damn timeout.. if you’re damn tired fake a cramp.. Use your damn head, but you know all since you are a partime coach..

👍🏻👍🏻 no point in making valid points bc you just like to sling mud.  Not a random coach.  Not a part time one either.  I work 65-75 hours a week at school plus when I get home and family goes to sleep.  Don't try and sling mud to make your point.  Promise that isn't a good look.  Oh and BTW your boy woodworth gave up 3/9 sacks by himself in 1 on 1 pass pro, but again you have no idea what you're ranting about. 

Why on on earth did you bring in a specific recruit into this topic? Pretty lame of you. I think he ends up on offense anyway, oh and I had a different pair of safeties in mind for a shot possible replacements.  McClain is pretty good in run support but his pass coverage and open field tackling left a lot to be desired plenty of times this season.   You see him get juked out of his shoes several times today vs the FAU RB? 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

👍🏻👍🏻 no point in making valid points bc you just like to sling mud.  Not a random coach.  Not a part time one either.  I work 65-75 hours a week at school plus when I get home and family goes to sleep.  Don't try and sling mud to make your point.  Promise that isn't a good look.  Oh and BTW your boy woodworth gave up 3/9 sacks by himself in 1 on 1 pass pro, but again you have no idea what you're ranting about. 

Why on on earth did you bring in a specific recruit into this topic? Pretty lame of you. I think he ends up on offense anyway, oh and I had a different pair of safeties in mind for a shot possible replacements.  McClain is pretty good in run support but his pass coverage and open field tackling left a lot to be desired plenty of times this season.   You see him get juked out of his shoes several times today vs the FAU RB? 

Remember you brought up Woodworth as one of the “young” guys just like Hall.. 2 of the guys you brought up as solid guys for next year you have either talked about replacing them or how bad they were.. looks like my point has been proven about how bad the young talent is.. thanks for proving me right 

36 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Remember you brought up Woodworth as one of the “young” guys just like Hall.. 2 of the guys you brought up as solid guys for next year you have either talked about replacing them or how bad they were.. looks like my point has been proven about how bad the young talent is.. thanks for proving me right 

You sir are delusional. I said specifically no one on OL is irreplaceable.  Woodworth was one of the younger starters, which is a reason to not throw a huge fit about the team.  Hall is also in his first year of D1 football.  Not exactly sure what you're trying to do other than pick a fight on the internet where you can't win.  

8 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

You sir are delusional. I said specifically no one on OL is irreplaceable.  Woodworth was one of the younger starters, which is a reason to not throw a huge fit about the team.  Hall is also in his first year of D1 football.  Not exactly sure what you're trying to do other than pick a fight on the internet where you can't win.  

Who threw a fit about this team? Not me.. but carry on.. 

24 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Dude, you flip flop like a politician.  Carry on.

Don’t flip at all.. this is an older team and I’ve said it from the start.. I’ve said this is team is lucky because of it’s close games.. I’ve said Reff should have been replaced after the 1st FAU.. if I’m a politician, ignore me and move on...

This is not an old team when you only are replacing four offensive starters and 4 or 5 starters on defense. Especially when you consider that the majority of our major contributors on both sides of the ball are underclassmen. Even throwing in Moore doesn't make this an old team. We have a number of highly regarded players that are red shirts as well. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Should it not be destroyed? Would another AD in a real conference for a real program post such accepting blasphemy? It's conceding to a worthless F'n performance. It screams, "Too bad, it's the way it is, but look at the smoke and mirrors I have to offer." It IS #OldDenton. 

No to your preconceived agenda. What was your prediction for the season? I am sure it was negative with a 3 para reason! When you b!tch about everything you loose all credibility.

Edited by Wag Tag

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

This is not an old team when you only are replacing four offensive starters and 4 or 5 starters on defense. Especially when you consider that the majority of our major contributors on both sides of the ball are underclassmen. Even throwing in Moore doesn't make this an old team. We have a number of highly regarded players that are red shirts as well. 

It is old.. we have over 50% of the guys who have 1 more game or 1 season left.. the guys leaving, we have 0 idea of what to expect from the replacements as well.. This team has some solid young depth but most of them that have played this year were only on KO coverage.. they should have been getting them into more games but couldn’t because of the close scores.. Guys like Sanders, Davis, Johnson, Howard, Novil saw very very limited action in games with Novil only playing the last few games because of depth issues on the DL.. For people that disagree, I view “young” as someone who has multiple years left.. the Jrs and seniors on this team currently are not young guys.. 

• Downvote 1

19 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Just wondering, do you have to work at being an ASS or does it come naturally? Why do you follow this program if you hate everything so much?

Put him on mute if you dont want to hear his vitrol. I'll even add a link to my signature if people need help.

• Downvote 2