So, Second Place in CUSA

UNTexas

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

Lol TCU was down 10 in the 2nd.. we were down 25 at the best in the 2nd half... and how many eggs did TCU lay this year? 

and yet its OU 41-17 to start the 4th quarter.  same as our game ended.  TCU payed an egg vs OU earlier in the year, their offense played an egg vs Iowa State.  

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

Those wins will not always swing our way, especially if recruiting doesn't see a significant uptick. But I'm sure you know this. 

I also know that we didn't win those games in the past.  but I'm sure you know this!  Fact still remains we did win those this year and for that i can be happy.  you should try it some time.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Pathetic that we are 9-4 and second place and we are happy to settle for a SBC.. #OldDenton

Lol We are all adults, but yet we call each other names instead of just disagreeing. Childish 

Thank you. While I don't agree with Ben's opinion, it is his and he should be able to post it without the name calling. Those that do not share it are free to offer alternatives, or just ignore it. I'd give you a +1, but again, I have none left.

2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

FAU was better than us athletically at every position in field IMO.  We played a ton of true freshman/soph.  I expected this game to be rough not as bad as it was in first half, but when the offense can't do anything in a half it makes defenses job impossible.  Look at difference in 1st and 2nd half defense.  Sure they gashed us a few times, but that's what the better team typically does. 

Played a ton of true freshman and sophomore? Lol outside of the the skill positions we only had 2 play in Hambone and Khari.. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, GreenN'walinsVet said:

I also know that we didn't win those games in the past.  but I'm sure you know this!  Fact still remains we did win those this year and for that i can be happy.  you should try it some time.

No, it's all good. I was not more happier than at the Army game this year since following this program. 

But this year is starting to creep into the rear view mirror. And looking forward, the shine is not there due to 1) losses like today  2) recruiting and 3) marginal wins vs inferior opponents. 

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

2 years today. 3 years tomorrow,  4 years the year after. When do we let this go...FAU before this season is coming off a 9-27 three year stretch. But no one gives a fuck about that because it's them and not an excuse for us to worry about. And I say this not directed to you, but generally. 

I’m sorry. You haven't seen the things I’ve seen.  Hope you never do. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

No, it's all good. I was not more happier than at the Army game this year since following this program. 

But this year is starting to creep into the rear view mirror. And looking forward, the shine is not there due to 1) losses like today  2) recruiting and 3) marginal wins vs inferior opponents. 

now those are point i can agree with moving forward.  Im just not going to worry about next year until after the last game is played.  Until then, im going to enjoy this rare season for at least two more weeks.

2 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

2 years after Portland St? Damn right I’m happy about it.  If you aren’t then I don’t know what the hell you’ve been watching the past 15 years. 

It’s good 2 years after Portland State, but the logic that a Division Champ should play a SBC team is pathetic and terrible for us to accept it..

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Here's my issue with your outlook. You predicted this team to win five or six, right? They exceed your expectations by three or four games and you still shit on them. How is this a moving target? Are you only happy when a team wins a title, if so, why are you a UNT fan. I do understand the frustration with the game today, but I don't understand your logic.

This team overachieved, plain and simple. We need some recruiting wins to stay at nine wins in our conference and contend again. The bowl selection isn't as cut and dry as you guys are making it. There is no promised entry to HoD or Independence, if we can get a P5 opponent great, if not New Orleans is the same as New Mexico, except a better city.

• Lovely Take 1

6 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

and yet its OU 41-17 to start the 4th quarter.  same as our game ended.  TCU payed an egg vs OU earlier in the year, their offense played an egg vs Iowa State.  

Lol the point is TCU had it be respectable at a time.. when was either FAU game respectable.. 

• Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

It’s good 2 years after Portland State, but the logic that a Division Champ should play a SBC team is pathetic and terrible for us to accept it..

The Sun Belt and CUSA are perceived the same way. It will be our divisional champ vs their divisional and maybe conference champ. I really don't see how CUSA is so much better. We have the only winless team in FBS in our conference, remember?

1 minute ago, Caw Caw said:

Here's my issue with your outlook. You predicted this team to win five or six, right? They exceed your expectations by three or four games and you still shit on them. How is this a moving target? Are you only happy when a team wins a title, if so, why are you a UNT fan. I do understand the frustration with the game today, but I don't understand your logic.

This team overachieved, plain and simple. We need some recruiting wins to stay at nine wins in our conference and contend again. The bowl selection isn't as cut and dry as you guys are making it. There is no promised entry to HoD or Independence, if we can get a P5 opponent great, if not New Orleans is the same as New Mexico, except a better city.

I said 6-6 this year. Partly because I didn't want to be disappointed and partly I watched the UTEP game last year a few times. 

I don't mind losing. That's nothing. I hate, and I mean absolutely hate not being competitive. It's a bad look for everyone involved. And when there is a what looks to be a blatant disregard for competitiveness from this team while the coaching staff shows the passion of a peewee coaching staff, I expect serious questions to be asked and answered. Problem at UNT is that there are NEVER serious questions asked OR answered. It's just the whole, "welp, We gave it a good college try" from the administration, reporters, AND fans. And it's a load of BS. 

4 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

The Sun Belt and CUSA are perceived the same way. It will be our divisional champ vs their divisional and maybe conference champ. I really don't see how CUSA is so much better. We have the only winless team in FBS in our conference, remember?

Because CUSA is better. Top to bottom, CUSA would win 70% of the games. That is why? Not sure what is difficult about that. 

2 hours ago, UNTexas said:

We obviously sh$t the bed and lost our first conference championship in CUSA. In pretty embarrassing fashion as well. We were very lucky to have 9 wins. 

I think we are lucky to play a Sunbelt team and not a P5 school. We want no part of a good program on National TV. Can you imagine what TT would do to us?

Our team has pretty far to become a good team that can compete against average FBS teams. For those of you worried about Littrell leaving, that's laughable at best. Kiffan will be gone from FAU though. UNT has a lot of work ahead of it. 

The worst part is attendance at whatever bowl we end up at has significantly dropped because of how badly they embarrassed ourselves today.

Time heals and there will be some time before the bowl game! GMG 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

K.  Believe me I want better, but I’m also gonna be happy that my balls aren’t hurting from the nut kicks that my fandom has experienced since I’ve been around. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

K.  Believe me I want better, but I’m also gonna be happy that my balls aren’t hurting from the nut kicks that my fandom has experienced since I’ve been around. 

Exactly. Not to mention how young this team is. You go 10-4 with a true Sophomore QB and your future is bright. 

Also by this same logic being used today- should TCU start evaluating their coaching staff? They compete for championships every year and so did we this year. That's where we want to be in our level of competition.

Proud of this team. 

22 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Exactly. Not to mention how young this team is. You go 10-4 with a true Sophomore QB and your future is bright. 

Also by this same logic being used today- should TCU start evaluating their coaching staff? They compete for championships every year and so did we this year. That's where we want to be in our level of competition.

Proud of this team. 

Defensively, this team is not young. If we don't pull in some quality ready to play true freshman or juice players for the defensive side of the ball get ready for Todd Dodge 2.0 next season. It could be very bad, defensively. You heard it here first. 

6 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Defensively, this team is not young. If we don't pull in some quality ready to play true freshman or juice players for the defensive side of the ball get ready for Todd Dodge 2.0 next season. It could be very bad, defensively. You heard it here first. 

Hey Nostradamus... thanks for telling us that if we don’t recruit better on defense things will be bad!!!  How could anyone who’s watched the program have had that insight?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green P1 said:

Hey Nostradamus... thanks for telling us that if we don’t recruit better on defense things will be bad!!!  How could anyone who’s watched the program have had that insight?

I'm just correcting the people that time and time gain keep saying that we have a "young team" when reality is that we just have a young offense. Our D is actually filled with quite a bit of productive veterans that will have, by the book, lesser talented players filling their void.