Georgia Tech (11/24/17)

CMJ

Glad to see us shoot so well from 3, but yeah, those turnovers were rough. It's frustrating how bad we are at times at catching the ball. We've been pretty solid on defense outside of the start or the Nebraska game. This team is missing at least two more legit scoring options. I hope Tikhonenko can come back soon and help us out there, but we can't count on that IMO.

I want to see us try and get the ball down to Simmons more. He has a decent post game, and I think we could benefit from utilizing it with how low we are on offensive threats. And Temara taking more shots too. Duffy is 3-4 from three in the last two games. He is starting to play more efficient on offense, after a slow start coming back from his injury. Need to start upping the volume now.

I thought this was easily the best game NT has played this year. 

A lot of those turnovers were due to fouls not being called on GT.  The way this game was called versus the other games NT has played, was completely different.  Gave GT a big advantage as I assume they are much more use to this type of refereeing. 

Breakout game for Simmons maybe because the way the game was called.  He held his own against their best player and ended up with 8 rebounds and a lot more minutes than he has played in any other game.  

I wish the guards who could get to the basket would have attempted more shots than just give it to our bigs which nearly always just fumbled the ball.  

This game did give me hope that this team is going to get much better.  

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I thought this was easily the best game NT has played this year. 

A lot of those turnovers were due to fouls not being called on GT.  The way this game was called versus the other games NT has played, was completely different.  Gave GT a big advantage as I assume they are much more use to this type of refereeing. 

Breakout game for Simmons maybe because the way the game was called.  He held his own against their best player and ended up with 8 rebounds and a lot more minutes than he has played in any other game.  

I wish the guards who could get to the basket would have attempted more shots than just give it to our bigs which nearly always just fumbled the ball.  

This game did give me hope that this team is going to get much better.  

I was glad to see this is a young team with a fairly good upside.

I was just outside Atlanta this weekend, and didn't realized UNT was in town until Saturday morning.  Bummer.  

I ran into a few Mean Green fans in the Atlanta airport, so it looks like either somebody made the trip, or people living in Dallas are starting to be a bit more proud of their alma mater. 

Also, I found myself smack dab in the middle of the crowd exiting the GT/Georgia game as my host, not a football at all, told me that I needed to try The Varsity.  Those big P5 schools have a LOT of people going to their games!  Yikes! 

5 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

So... Did you go? 

And, if so... Whatdidyahave, whatdidyahave, whatdidyahaaaave?

I did go. 

Friend got the #1, 2 chili dogs, onion rings, and a frothy orange concoction.  

I got the #2, 1 chili dog, 1 chili burger, onion rings, and a Coke zero.  

Funny thing, downtown Atlanta.  It's really tough to find a Pepsi. 

• Haha 1