Mean Joe Greene Statue

Salsa_Verde

To me, a statue featuring Coach Mitchell, Abner Haynes and Joe Greene would be most ideal. It would represent a huge chunk of North Texas football history. Mitchell started his career (1946) when North Texas came back from it's hiatus at the end of WWII. He was head coach during all of Ray Renfro's and Abner Haynes career, and he recruited and coached Joe Greene before he (Coach Mitchell) retired at the end of 1966.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I think putting any or all of the above mentioned on The Hill would be great. When I walk through there I just feel like there should be statues in that area. 

The best place is in the Plaza entrance of the football facility. The only problem with that location is that not that many "civilians" ever go over there.

The Plaza on the east side of the stadium would be the next best place.   

• Upvote 1