MGB: Littrell press conference notes (Goree, Robinson suspended for year)

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Privacy laws and just plain "none of our business" create this sort of silence and the exact "whys" of this sort of thing.  This is not a "lack of communication".  This is "keeping it within the family" where I believe it belongs.  If there is an arrest for something like we have seen in the past, well, that is public record and you can find it if you so desire.  I firmly believe this in team discipline is none of my business...it is personal.  It could come out from a team member or other source one of these days, but really doesn't matter.  They are no longer a part of the Mean Green, and from what Coach L said last night on the radio show (at least my interpretation of his comments) we may never see them back.  I hope I am wrong and that they will serve their suspensions, make whatever apologies are necessary, learn from their mistakes and return next season.  Certainly remains to be seen.  But the "why" I chalk up to "none of my business" and move on to support the players who are currently on the roster.  Both names been removed from the roster I believe...so, could be a long farewell.

Totally agree. The University (and those of us who contribute to the MGC) pay the coaches to "coach" and "manage" the team. Unless a criminal act has taken place (which is public knowledge) then the reason for imposing consequences is up to the coach's discretion........that's what we and/or the University pay them for.

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Privacy laws and just plain "none of our business" create this sort of silence and the exact "whys" of this sort of thing.  This is not a "lack of communication".  This is "keeping it within the family" where I believe it belongs.  If there is an arrest for something like we have seen in the past, well, that is public record and you can find it if you so desire.  I firmly believe this in team discipline is none of my business...it is personal.  It could come out from a team member or other source one of these days, but really doesn't matter.  They are no longer a part of the Mean Green, and from what Coach L said last night on the radio show (at least my interpretation of his comments) we may never see them back.  I hope I am wrong and that they will serve their suspensions, make whatever apologies are necessary, learn from their mistakes and return next season.  Certainly remains to be seen.  But the "why" I chalk up to "none of my business" and move on to support the players who are currently on the roster.  Both names been removed from the roster I believe...so, could be a long farewell.

Well said Kram!!

Something had to of changed from earlier in the day, I'm guessing but I could be wrong.. Didn't SL say during his press conference that they would be out  the rest of the season? and then on the coaches show he says "they wont be part of this team going forward."  Also, does anyone recall were players like Ivery and that on the roster for the spring when they were having him focus on his grades?

If they are gone atleast we are given kids reps now, instead of Goree and Robinson eatting into their Reps for the rest of the season and possibly post-season as well... Wilson and Mc(The Freshman that started) should be getting alot more reps along with Mike Lawerence as well.. and Rico if he is healthy yet, which does anyone know what is wrong with him injury wise? 

Also, yes this sucks that we could be losing Goree and Robinson.. but honestly Goree wasn't blowing away anyone, he was a solid(at best) but even then he wasn't great or even good all the time and Robinson was another good player as well but can be replaced... What hurts is losing that upper-classman leadership in Buyers and T.Thompson for next year.. also, this is when we need to see Rutherford step up as well and more K.Smith as well

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Tee was starting to consistently catch balls, at last 4 the last three outings, including his 2 TD catches this year.  His yards per catch was > 10.  He was not explosive, per se, and he was held in check by WKU, but I don't see how you can dismiss him.  He may have very well been keeping defenses honest which allowed Beyers and Co to produce like they did?  At the bare minimum, I see stats of guy who was starting to find his identity/role - a productive one - in this offense.  I honestly dont' know this offense well enough to say how his position is supposed to produce, and I don't think anyone can assume anything right now.  This is a coach under the Leach tree that is running the ball more than passing.

Regardless, it sounds like Goree is gone permanently  We're about to find out what someone else does in his role.

5 hours ago, untlynchka1 said:

Just curious how anyone who has been watching this debacle at Baylor can bitch at all about the coach punishing the players. They don't have to tell us what they did, but at least we know they aren't covering up/ignoring issues with our players to the point it blows up in our face some day. 

Tough lumps to lose two players at such a critical point, but I wholeheartedly agree with you.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, untlynchka1 said:

Just curious how anyone who has been watching this debacle at Baylor can bitch at all about the coach punishing the players. They don't have to tell us what they did, but at least we know they aren't covering up/ignoring issues with our players to the point it blows up in our face some day. 

I wish I could upvote you more than once.