Article in Star-Telegram on Griffin-Hair

UNT90

6 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

"Little was done to shore up [the defensive] side of the ball."  Strange comment, considering 8 players in the defensive 2-deep are brand new.  Not to mention getting Bryce English.

I agree that the reporter was a bit lazy with that comment, but why mention a player who will not play this year and therefore can't help shore up the defense this season?

2 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

I agree that the reporter was a bit lazy with that comment, but why mention a player who will not play this year and therefore can't help shore up the defense this season?

I wasn't suggesting that the reporter should have mentioned English, or even taken him specifically into consideration.  But in that particular sentence, the writer was talking about what was done in the offseason (note his past tense versus your future tense), and English was part of that.  But leave him out if you want.

“I don’t know what my role will be,” Hair-Griffin said. “My role, to me, is to be a team player … tough, selfless and disciplined, and do whatever the team needs me to do.”

Holy s#!t, talk about the players buying in, huh?