According to Vegas

MeanGreen_MBA

I think it is pretty clear -- we bring in a new QB who is unproven, they return theirs.  Just looking at the score of the game last year, you would think that they beat us pretty good but as pointed out here we were leading heading into the 4th quarter.  We were a 1 win team, and an overall demoralized program last year.  It will take time for the oddsmakers to see our side of things.

17 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

UNT has opened today anywhere from 9.5 - 12 pt DOGS against SMU.....I would hope we could prove Vegas WRONG!!!!!  Anybody going to go against those odds???

It's not "according to Vegas," it's according to the betting public. They decide where the point spread lies. 

Amd the point spread has been out there online for well over 2 weeks.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Vegas is usually close.   Cal vs Hawaii was a 20 point spread.  Cal won 51-21. 

The interesting bet would be the Over/Under at 68.5.  I would probably bet over, but that is just based on the new spread offense and a lack of run defense.  Last time UNT had a spread offense was with Dodge and it was dreadful so we will see...

BETONLINE.ag
+9.5
SMU: -110
UNT: -110
68.5 O/U o: -110
u: -110
SMU: -350
UNT: +290
SportsBetting.ag
+9.5
BETNOW.eu
+9.5

14 minutes ago, UNT SigEp said:

Vegas is usually close.   Cal vs Hawaii was a 20 point spread.  Cal won 51-21. 

The interesting bet would be the Over/Under at 68.5.  I would probably bet over, but that is just based on the new spread offense and a lack of run defense.  Last time UNT had a spread offense was with Dodge and it was dreadful so we will see...

BETONLINE.ag
+9.5
SportsBetting.ag
+9.5
BETNOW.eu
+9.5

Cal Won 51-31 but I thought the point spread was 21?

10 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Again, in 2014 UNT was a 3 point favorite. We all saw how accurate "Vegas" was then. Js

Ah I won $500 on that game

Bet the over all day and again tomorrow.  We gave up over 500 ypg last year and over 41 pts per game while SMU gave up the same amount of yards and nearly 46 pts per game.  With our new uptempo offense and lack of quality depth on defense, I see a lot of points on the board.  I think we'll have to score at least 5 touchdowns to have a shot  at winning.