'17 WR Tariq Woolen (Arlington Heights) [Verbal: UTKFC]

GMG24

6 hours ago, Withers940 said:

Not Sure what it was but he was here

Whatever it was, it was "Lit"

Lol he came to a game, which is different treatment than an Official Visit which I am sure you're aware of.  Hopefully we can get him to come in for an official visit and flip him. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

In a jersey and on the field indicates to me this was an official visit. Unofficial are game tickets only.

Not true. I took several athletes on unofficials visits.  They had to pay to park, walk across bridge, got access to all the gear got measured etc,  then went on the field for pre-game and sat in the recruits sections.  I am fairly certain Official Visits can't start until a certain point but I could be lying.  A lot of the big official visit dates are much closer to signing day as everyone is making their big push to get everyone in. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GMG24 said:

Not true. I took several athletes on unofficials visits.  They had to pay to park, walk across bridge, got access to all the gear got measured etc,  then went on the field for pre-game and sat in the recruits sections.  I am fairly certain Official Visits can't start until a certain point but I could be lying.  A lot of the big official visit dates are much closer to signing day as everyone is making their big push to get everyone in. 

Interesting. I guess times have changed. Good to know.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

He was offered by Baylor with the new staff. Is it petty of me that if he doesn't come here i'd rather him flip to Baylor over UTSA? 

Nope, I wish nothing but failure for them. If their entire class flipped and they only signed 1 player, I would celebrate with laughter and Champagne 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Caw Caw said:

He was offered by Baylor with the new staff. Is it petty of me that if he doesn't come here i'd rather him flip to Baylor over UTSA? 

No. You see them as someone to root against. I have teams I'd like to see run into the ground, just competition.

Edited by UTSA Fan

On December 16, 2016 at 5:26 AM, UNT90 said:

In a jersey and on the field indicates to me this was an official visit. Unofficial are game tickets only.

GMG24 is right that jerseys and field access are permissible in unofficial visits.

On December 16, 2016 at 10:34 AM, GMG24 said:

Official visits can start during the recruit's senior year. The big programs bring in a lot of recruits on game day official visits.

Not sure about how Littrell does it, but for whatever reason Mccarney would very rarely bring in recruits on official visits during the season. He would wait until January. That may be why you were thinking that. 

10 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

GMG24 is right that jerseys and field access are permissible in unofficial visits.

Official visits can start during the recruit's senior year. The big programs bring in a lot of recruits on game day official visits.

Not sure about how Littrell does it, but for whatever reason Mccarney would very rarely bring in recruits on official visits during the season. He would wait until January. That may be why you were thinking that. 

On the two unofficials I went with my kids on there were guys receiving much more attention (commits) I would assume they were on officials but it was hard to tell because they had everyone leave the field at the same time during the end of warm ups.  It was a fun experience. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

It would appear that the traffic on RowdyTalk is so limited that they have to come here in order to talk about a recruit that they picked up.  It's really representative of the inferiority complex that a bunch of newbies to college football have. If this kid decided to commit to Taco Town instead of Denton then by all means.  He'll  never know what it's like to go to a real University with a real college life and that's fine too.  Fact of the matter is that they are better than us in recent years so I can get why he would commit there. I just think it's funny that UTSA fans (all 10 of them) have such little wieners that they have to come over here to gloat

1 minute ago, All About UNT said:

It would appear that the traffic on RowdyTalk is so limited that they have to come here in order to talk about a recruit that they picked up.  It's really representative of the inferiority complex that a bunch of newbies to college football have. If this kid decided to commit to Taco Town instead of Denton then by all means.  He'll  never know what it's like to go to a real University with a real college life and that's fine too.  Fact of the matter is that they are better than us in recent years so I can get why he would commit there. I just think it's funny that UTSA fans (all 10 of them) have such little wieners that they have to come over here to gloat

And to think that @Harry is trying to put a stop to the bs on here...

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

That the "little wieners" comment is out of line and really that whole post was unnecessary.

eta:

especially in light of this post

Withers is went overboard. But addressing UTSA fans who are using fake accounts and trolling our board due to their http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/news/20070601/small-penis-syndrome-common (dude...it's science) in combination with idle hands and a lack of a real college fan board with active posters on it .......deep exhale.....is NOT unnecessary.

I know you like to report posts constantly and play mod for some reason but we actually have a team that does that so you can relax a bit.

58 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Withers is went overboard. But addressing UTSA fans who are using fake accounts and trolling our board due to their http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/news/20070601/small-penis-syndrome-common (dude...it's science) in combination with idle hands and a lack of a real college fan board with active posters on it .......deep exhale.....is NOT unnecessary.

I know you like to report posts constantly and play mod for some reason but we actually have a team that does that so you can relax a bit.

You've certainly done your research on that syndrome.

My condolences to any partners you've had and may have in the future.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, All About UNT said:

You're right. I sincerely apologize for my recent post. Those guys get under my skin very easily due to numerous unpleasant encounters with their trashy fans. I do think you nailed the "Small Penis Syndrome" though as I also stated in my deleted post. That being Said, "New Year, New Me". Time to turn over a new leaf and become less abusive. 

Sorry to all admins

GMG

• Upvote 2