MGB: Benford comments on future, Villarreal declines

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

Well, I guess it is positive that RV refused comment.  I am not sure how Benford thinks that the program is in a good place, compared to what?  

Ya, that was one of the dumbest things he has said.

And there's no shortage of quotes from which to choose...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Well, I guess it is positive that RV refused comment.  I am not sure how Benford thinks that the program is in a good place, compared to what?  

3 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Ya, that was one of the dumbest things he has said.

And there's no shortage of quotes from which to choose...

Well he has always produced double digit wins so...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green P1 said:

Do we know if Benny made these comments before or after being folded up and packed back into Ernie's carry on luggage?

CONTEXT BRETT!!!

He made them during the post game press conference. The periscope feed was a bit tough to hear, but I'm pretty sure that's what was asked at the end.

2 hours ago, Greendylan said:

An influx of talented transfers to complement a bevy of key returning contributors does not necessarily support the case for another year of Benford.  In fact, I consider this a merciful redo of the 2012-2013 season and an opportunity to get it right this time.  

Not near the potential talent on this roster that was on that 2012-13 roster. Not even close. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

37 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Not near the potential talent on this roster that was on that 2012-13 roster. Not even close. 

Maybe not, but it's still an impressive looking group on paper, and we absolutely cannot afford to squander more talent--thus the necessity of having the right coach in place.  Given our dismal record over the past four years, it's a minor miracle that we have as much talent as we do.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

Maybe not, but it's still an impressive looking group on paper, and we absolutely cannot afford to squander more talent--thus the necessity of having the right coach in place.  Given our dismal record over the past four years, it's a minor miracle that we have as much talent as we do.

It's been proven over the last 4 years that benford is NOT the right coach...same record in year four as the first...how is that the right coach???

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, THOR said:

It's been proven over the last 4 years that benford is NOT the right coach...same record in year four as the first...how is that the right coach???

He's not.  

My original point was that we wasted all that talent in 2012-2013 by hiring the wrong person.  Now, we stand to waste a considerable amount of talent in 2016-2017 by keeping that very same wrong person.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

While the 2013 roster was/is better than this years upcoming group, it's closer than you believe it to be.. Cut the head of the snake and we should win 20+ games

1 hour ago, Greendylan said:

He's not.  

My original point was that we wasted all that talent in 2012-2013 by hiring the wrong person.  Now, we stand to waste a considerable amount of talent in 2016-2017 by keeping that very same wrong person.  

Idea: Who cares. Waste the talent and jump start the rebuild. If not, a year from today you and I both know he'll be getting fired regardless. So, why wait. 

I wonder if RV will try to sneak the Benford contract extension through on a day when there is other sports buzz. My guess is he waits until NCAA tournament selection day so its backpage. Get ready for more Benny And The Nets next year. Even Elton John can see that Benford is a failed bit. Sigh.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

RV is the biggest pussy on this planet and didn't have the balls to comment...

You are the biggest pussy on the planet.  You post that someone is a pussy on a fan message board, behind a "screen" name.  So you have no balls and by default that makes you a pussy, pussy.  UNT90 is not a pussy, because people know who he is, for all of the things that I disagree with him about, I do not think he is a pussy.  but for all of you pussies that hide behind the internet while calling someone a pussy, you are all pussies, pussies.

Edited by flyonthewall
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Just now, flyonthewall said:

You are the biggest pussy on the planet.  You post that someone is a pussy on a fan message board, behind a "screen" name.  So you have no balls and by default that makes you a pussy, pussy.  UNT90 is not a pussy, because people know who is is, for all of the things that I disagree with him about, I do not think he is a pussy.  but for all of you pussies that hide behind the internet while calling someone a pussy, you are all pussies, pussies.

Well I can meet you at the Spring game if you like...just saying

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

30 minutes ago, NTAlum09 said:

RV is the biggest pussy on this planet and didn't have the balls to comment...

Nor should he comment. As much as I would like his statement to have been something like "I've made a huge mistake and I'm correcting it as soon as we get back to Denton by firing coach Benford" he shouldn't say anything to the media at that point.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

You are the biggest pussy on the planet.  You post that someone is a pussy on a fan message board, behind a "screen" name.  So you have no balls and by default that makes you a pussy, pussy.  UNT90 is not a pussy, because people know who he is, for all of the things that I disagree with him about, I do not think he is a pussy.  but for all of you pussies that hide behind the internet while calling someone a pussy, you are all pussies, pussies.

Pretty angry post. Breathe in and out it will all be ok soon.  Benford will be gone ( finally ) and hopefully RV too.  There is no excuses or reasons as to why he stays.  Did you see how many new season ticket holders Houston has gained since January? 

4,539 new season ticket packages (probably includes more than 1 sear per from Jan 25- Mar 4th... WOW. Sure they finished on top of the world last year, but we couldn't even grow by 1/8th of that or at least announce it after the HOD win.  Womp womp

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Nice. Calling him a pussy for doing what you exactly just did. Your thought is that you dropped your name 2 or 3 weeks ago. Let me chop at your pedestal for a second, I don't remember your name..at all. That's the relevance your dontating means to me. But, thanks. 

And let's be honest, it's not that he called someone a pussy. It's because he called your friend, Rick, a pussy. It's just you, on here again, defending utter bullshit of an athletic department. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Pussy or not, I would be absolutely shocked if RV is gone before Littrell has a chance to see the field. I could be wrong, but we've got at least another year of RV BS IMO. Hopefully Benny is a different story. Four years of consistently making nothing out of some pretty good talent is all of the evidence that I need to see.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Army of Dad said:

Nor should he comment. As much as I would like his statement to have been something like "I've made a huge mistake and I'm correcting it as soon as we get back to Denton by firing coach Benford" he shouldn't say anything to the media at that point.

He is out of sugar to coat anything anymore and he knows it.....I mean don't write a check you're butt can't cash

7 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Nice. Calling him a pussy for doing what you exactly just did. Your thought is that you dropped your name 2 or 3 weeks ago. Let me chop at your pedestal for a second, I don't remember your name..at all. That's the relevance your dontating means to me. But, thanks. 

And let's be honest, it's not that he called someone a pussy. It's because he called your friend, Rick, a pussy. It's just you, on here again, defending utter bullshit of an athletic department. 

I disagree, his donations mean a lot to the university and our future success. Sure I would like him to hold RV feet to the fire more.  But it is his $$ and he can do with it what he sees fit.  I wish I had that much money to buy a suite and enjoy games up there.  Fact of the matter is that'd take away about 1/5th of my families income. Or more, I don't even want to know what suites cost.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1