New Hype Video

TheReal_jayD

1 minute ago, Christopher Walker said:

Yes, a "with the times" production... originally made five years ago.

No, this video okay. It's pulling from various productions whether in-house, contracted, and then a mix of both with the Beyond The Green clips. It has a very disjunct feel to it because of that.

Now however the Dickey era clips are awesome and I can watch Booger on a loop all day.

Yes Mac included his social media slogans in his videos? Oh wait , never mind

12 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Yes Mac included his social media slogans in his videos? Oh wait , never mind

@JRock and I are just speaking to the poorly microwaved, rehashed cut job.

The Littrell tag lines are great. But then again, if we're speaking specifically to what was included of Mac's contributions...

-------

And for those who are like, okay but really why whine and not offer an alternative??

Well here you go.

This is quality work. And before you're all yeah-but-it's-a-P5-program, here's the kicker: there are a lot of students, faculty, and staff that are producing content of this quality on-campus, just across the highway. Again, all the resources the AD truly needs to be successful are ready and available to them, they just continually shirk them off, silo themselves away, and produce crap - both on and off the field.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Now however the Dickey era clips are awesome and I can watch Booger on a loop all day.

For the kids...

By the way, looking at the earlier videos in the thread reminded me.  Let me put my mancard on the counter for a minute and say:  Black Helmets + Black Jerseys = Good Look.  Black Helmets + New Green Jerseys = Bad Look.  Okay, I'm putting the mancard back into my wallet now and won't discuss this again.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm sorry guys but our videos are student grade at best. Throwing out a green filter,   procedural clouds (at least use the filters by RedGiantSoftware) with the batman theme is not my idea of high quality work. Unfortunately, we been so used to mediocre performance in the AD's office and only the field, that we accept the same mediocrity of our media content. I never said it was a bad video. Just one aspect of it. I just expect more. They've always bothered me, especially with the solid reputation our art and media programs have earned over the years. We can do better. 

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

The Littrell tag lines are great. But then again, if we're speaking specifically to what was included of Mac's contributions...

-------

And for those who are like, okay but really why whine and not offer an alternative??

Well here you go.

This is quality work. And before you're all yeah-but-it's-a-P5-program, here's the kicker: there are a lot of students, faculty, and staff that are producing content of this quality on-campus, just across the highway. Again, all the resources the AD truly needs to be successful are ready and available to them, they just continually shirk them off, silo themselves away, and produce crap - both on and off the field.

You are exactly right. 100%

3 hours ago, GMG24 said:

You can't be serious!? We put out a really neat and with the times video and you dog it? Sheesh

Oh I'm serious. You've just become used to the garbage we put out.                    #expectmoreofyourAD #Truth             #SoTwoYearsAgo

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

10 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

-------

Well here you go.

The video below isn't really a teaser video, but it has long time been one of my favorite productions by another school (minus the outcome, which was pivotal in the Dodge era):

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, JRock said:

I'm sorry guys but our videos are student grade at best. Throwing out a green filter,   procedural clouds (at least use the filters by RedGiantSoftware) with the batman theme is not my idea of high quality work. Unfortunately, we been so used to mediocre performance in the AD's office and only the field, that we accept the same mediocrity of our media content. I never said it was a bad video. Just one aspect of it. I just expect more. They've always bothered me, especially with the solid reputation our art and media programs have earned over the years. We can do better. 

You are exactly right. 100%

Oh I'm serious. You've just become used to the garbage we put out.                    #expectmoreofyourAD #Truth             #SoTwoYearsAgo

This has become a no criticism tolerated forum by a certain group of posters who want to believe rainbows will come out their arses and UNT will go 12-0 next season.  They don't want a fair evaluation of anything and only want to believe that the impossible will happen, even though those beliefs are crushed EVERY October.

keep your head up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

What I really loved about the Georgia video that ours seem to lack is clips of fans celebrating/getting into games.  Don't tell me we don't have fans, I know attendance isn't great but where are the pumped up crowd shots?? You get a couple of images from the HOD bowl and then, nothing.  Empty Apogee?? and players making plays and celebrating seemingly by themselves. 

Put those in between the game footage and then it becomes about how WE are a part of all of this as well.  Too much of this just perpetuates the negative reputation that NT sports has no support from the fans or that we are non-existent.  Darrell Dickey would have loved the latest NT production because he would have said - "See men, it's just like I've been telling you all along, we get no support from administration, fans, Denton, nobody! You're all going to do this for each other.  It's us (the players) vs everyone (no fans here to help us so we're on our own)"

We've moved past that actually but you wouldn't know it from watching this latest video.  Another thing that rubbed me the wrong way was the WE'RE GOING TO PUT UP POINTS!!!!!!!11 

Ah, yes - points are great aren't they?  

I'd rather it said in huge letters, we're going to: 

WIN.

16 hours ago, Stan R said:

Darrell Dickey would have loved the latest NT production because he would have said - "See men, it's just like I've been telling you all along, we get no support from administration, fans, Denton, nobody! You're all going to do this for each other.  It's us (the players) vs everyone (no fans here to help us so we're on our own)"

We've moved past that actually 

Have we?

Let's see...

Average Attendance in 2015 was 13,631. 

Average Attendance in 1999 was 13,752.

So...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

12 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Have we?

Let's see...

Average Attendance in 2015 was 13,631. 

Average Attendance in 1999 was 13,752.

So...

Average Attendance in 2004 was 15,184 in our 4th consecutive bowl season including our 25th consecutive conference victory.

Average Attendance in 2008 was 16,956 in what was considered(until this year) our worst season in history.

This season's attendance was more a product of losing that first "home" game to SMU. Had McCarney and Co not laid down for old Chad Morris, attendance would've been much higher in the first game which would've propped up the average. I'm sure a lot of students that got convinced to go to the SMU game skipped the home opener they otherwise would've went to.

In Dodge's last season (2010), our attendance for the first home game was 23,743 at Fouts.

In McCarney's last season (2015), our attendance for the first game at Apogee was 19,602.

But the opponent you say? Rice in both cases. This season was a product of everyone seeing 2014 all over again on Sept 12, 2015. Everyone knew how the season would turn out after McNulty trotted out there 2.5 minutes into the game with the ball on SMU's 16 and proceeded to hand the ball off 3 times in the redzone leading to a Trevor Moore field goal. This past season was all on Mac, Don King couldn't have gotten people to pay to watch that hot garbage.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Average Attendance in 2004 was 15,184 in our 4th consecutive bowl season including our 25th consecutive conference victory.

Average Attendance in 2008 was 16,956 in what was considered(until this year) our worst season in history.

This season's attendance was more a product of losing that first "home" game to SMU. Had McCarney and Co not laid down for old Chad Morris, attendance would've been much higher in the first game which would've propped up the average. I'm sure a lot of students that got convinced to go to the SMU game skipped the home opener they otherwise would've went to.

In Dodge's last season (2010), our attendance for the first home game was 23,743 at Fouts.

In McCarney's last season (2015), our attendance for the first game at Apogee was 19,602.

But the opponent you say? Rice in both cases. This season was a product of everyone seeing 2014 all over again on Sept 12, 2015. Everyone knew how the season would turn out after McNulty trotted out there 2.5 minutes into the game with the ball on SMU's 16 and proceeded to hand the ball off 3 times in the redzone leading to a Trevor Moore field goal. This past season was all on Mac, Don King couldn't have gotten people to pay to watch that hot garbage.

Right, conveniently ignore no game on the opening day of college football season, a 5 home game season, homecoming against an FCS ON TEXAS/OU WEEKEND where we lose by 59, and 2 whore games.

No matter, the point is attendance last year was less then attendance the year before Rick Villarreal took over as AD. That's a fact. Your post is full of your own theories about attendance. Big difference. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, Stan R said:

I was going to write a response but I'm too jaded to even think up a retort.  You win, I guess. 

I understand. Maybe fans come back this year, but losing to SMU at home will kill the Littrell mania and I think you see the same thing this year as last, with crowds subsiding as the year progresses.

People on here don't get the impact of Portland St. Lots of casual fans walked away that day. I don't think they come back until UNT wins again, and that won't be this year. 

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Right, conveniently ignore no game on the opening day of college football season, a 5 home game season, homecoming against an FCS ON TEXAS/OU WEEKEND where we lose by 59, and 2 whore games.

No matter, the point is attendance last year was less then attendance the year before Rick Villarreal took over as AD. That's a fact. Your post is full of your own theories about attendance. Big difference. 

It is also a fact that in 2013 we had our highest average attendance in history at 23,509. Another fun fact, the lowest attended season since RV took over prior to this season's car wreck was in 2001 at 14,769 per game which is more than 1,000 over this season. This season was trash, the reasons have been fired or moved on in other ways. Attendance will eclipse 18,000 this season and I'd guess closer to 20,000 is what we'll see but 18k is a sure bet. Mark it down.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

It is also a fact that in 2013 we had our highest average attendance in history at 23,509. Another fun fact, the lowest attended season since RV took over prior to this season's car wreck was in 2001 at 14,769 per game which is more than 1,000 over this season. This season was trash, the reasons have been fired or moved on in other ways. Attendance will eclipse 18,000 this season and I'd guess closer to 20,000 is what we'll see but 18k is a sure bet. Mark it down.

No, they haven't. Not all of them. And you know it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6