MGB: Tre Johnson will not return next season

Brett Vito

I wonder if Bradley will be back after all. Vito said he might be back after reports were that he was transferring. He's still not back on the roster.

If Bradley, Kidsy, and Johnson are all gone that could open things in the return game for Tyler Wilson. Wilson averaged 42 yards/kickoff return last year at Arlington Martin.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Brett Vito said:

MGB: Johnson says he couldn't afford to return to UNT for spring semester

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2016/02/tre-johnson-has-left-unt.html/

That's kinda odd. Unless your parent make over a certain amount and won't help with college, grants and financial aid are pretty abundant for public universities nowadays. I just know FASFA is a whole year deal so wonder how he could afford it last semester but not this one if he had financial aid. 

21 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

That's kinda odd. Unless your parent make over a certain amount and won't help with college, grants and financial aid are pretty abundant for public universities nowadays. I just know FASFA is a whole year deal so wonder how he could afford it last semester but not this one if he had financial aid. 

Grants and financial aid don't cover everything. I went to UNT entirely on student loans and grants and I still had to come up with rent for housing, money for ridiculously overpriced textbooks and money for food.

Maybe he is leaving in the hope it will spur UNT to offer a scholarship.

Edited by rcade
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, rcade said:

Grants and financial aid don't cover everything. I went to UNT entirely on student loans and grants and I still had to come up with rent for housing, money for ridiculously overpriced textbooks and money for food.

Maybe he is leaving in the hope it will spur UNT to offer a scholarship.

I know, but you can get financial aid up to cost of attendance which factor in room & board and you get a refund. Maybe I am thinking of the parent PLUS loan as well, not sure. That sucks, I've definitely come close to not making it financially in college but luckily pulled myself out.  Wish they could offer him a scholarship or something but I understand that they can't at this time.