An illustrated progress on renewing 2016 season tickets

oldguystudent

Very sad how many of us have experienced these exact issues.  Sadder still to know that there may be many others who have similar experiences and aren't willing to fight through the inconveniences.

Part of me would love to hear resolution of this on-going issue be asked of RV next time he's on the Barbershop Pod but experience tells me I'd only be frustrated by his drawn out response that only turns the blame on the fans who are attempting to purchase tickets.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I hate to say it. But outside of the fact that we had one of the worst years of football on request order last season. I still can't obtain the will/patience to sign up for season tix...  gmg.com's customer horror stories have driven me to just go buy tix at the gate each game..

Probably the best thing to do until changes are made throughout the AD.

Which should happen sometime in 2025...

Only at North Texas.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

just go buy tix at the gate each game..

I've never tried that because one of the perks of membership is theoretically that if I want to purchase extra tickets, I can do so through my account and save the Ticketmaster fees.  Thing is, it's historically been so difficult to accomplish this that I wonder if it might just be worth it to give Ticketmaster their seven bucks.  I took a bunch of kids to a game in 2014 and bought them wingzone tickets.  Wingzone tickets.  General Admission.  Like this is the easiest transaction on planet earth, right?  It took several phone calls and a couple weeks to accomplish.  Guest passes to the club are on par with this.  

I'm genuinely curious what the buying tickets at the gate experience is like.  If it's anything like basketball, it must take twenty minutes, not counting any possible time standing in line.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, oldguystudent said:

I've never tried that because one of the perks of membership is theoretically that if I want to purchase extra tickets, I can do so through my account and save the Ticketmaster fees.  Thing is, it's historically been so difficult to accomplish this that I wonder if it might just be worth it to give Ticketmaster their seven bucks.  I took a bunch of kids to a game in 2014 and bought them wingzone tickets.  Wingzone tickets.  General Admission.  Like this is the easiest transaction on planet earth, right?  It took several phone calls and a couple weeks to accomplish.  Guest passes to the club are on par with this.  

I'm genuinely curious what the buying tickets at the gate experience is like.  If it's anything like basketball, it must take twenty minutes, not counting any possible time standing in line.

No ticketmaster fees when buying at the gate. That's what I do...buy GA tickets then go sit in the seats where I used to have season tickets. So much easier than dealing with the ticket office. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

If someone wants me to give hundreds of dollars a year for a historically bad product, they better be offering me everything including a  handjob to make my buying experience pleasant. Here, we get the Hakeem Olajuwan in the ass with no lube. 

176458972-hakeem-olajuwon-of-the-houston

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I hate to say it. But outside of the fact that we had one of the worst years of football on request order last season. I still can't obtain the will/patience to sign up for season tix...  gmg.com's customer horror stories have driven me to just go buy tix at the gate each game..

Yep...and I would say the "usual suspects" are very proud of themselves for creating such an environment here on GMG.Com.  We have not only lost a number of previously solid posters for this site, but ticket buyers and donors as well due to their efforts.  They are doing to many exactly what they say the AD has done to them.  I am sure they must be very proud of themselves. Doing all one can to reduce ticket sales and donations is a super way to help the program., right?

But, of course, they see it as their mission in life to point out only the negative, rag on those who try to support the program and make as many as possible join their sad sack cause.  Never once realizing that they have become a major part of the problem and not the solution.  

Only at North Texas I guess.

5 hours ago, jdennis82 said:

Very sad how many of us have experienced these exact issues.  Sadder still to know that there may be many others who have similar experiences and aren't willing to fight through the inconveniences.

Part of me would love to hear resolution of this on-going issue be asked of RV next time he's on the Barbershop Pod but experience tells me I'd only be frustrated by his drawn out response that only turns the blame on the fans who are attempting to purchase tickets.

PM me if you really want to know.  I am tired of trying to explain openly here on the site as it is never received well.

16 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Each and every week, I still get the email requesting that I renew my tickets. Click here to access your account.

2YWNY6K.png

Hurray!  I was able to log in!

btYRi48.png

I click on "Buy Packages/Tickets"

Sv1igvj.png

Yay!  Football season is on there!  I click on that!

NUyttbn.gif

But my seats are not there to renew.

C8t5VCi.png

I recall last year that there was a campaign to get us to renew tickets by some certain date.  All it took was something like $25 to renew, then the account would create an invoice for the balance, which you conveniently paid online at your leisure. I guess that some progress has been made in that the link from the email actually takes you to your account now and that the username/password actually works.  However, I'm still incapable of renewing my tickets as directed by my weekly mean green club emails.

giphy.gif

PM me and I would be happy to explain why we cannot renew our Club Seats at this point.   But, I sort of think you already know the reason.  But, I can and would be happy to help explain since I have spoken to folks several times about this issue.  I don't mind at all picking up a phone or asking in person when I have questions and did so immediately upon discovering I could not renew my tickets as yet.  I just upgraded my Mean Green Club membership and made a simple call for clearification. Happy to share with you what I have been told.

• Downvote 6

Ya, I have a feeling an upgraded MGC membership is going to be required of all club seat holders, which is really dumb after the crap season and record breaking loss to an FCS program, but never underestimate this AD's ability to misunderstand his fan base. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, the green rokemi said:

Are they really going to up the membership? Surely they're not that dumb (I know, I know)

I'm already on the fence of buying season tickets to another sports franchise and just getting GA tickets for NT. That would solidify it for me

If true, I'm going to be quite miffed that I already renewed in December at what I thought was the appropriate level.  Think I'd ever get that back?  Yeah, neither do I.

28 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

The issue is not can I figure this out.  The issue is that UNT is actively soliciting me to renew, but makes me unable to do so.

Also, I guess that if (when) they demand that I up my (already renewed) mean green club membership, I'll likely find myself priced out of my own seats.  I've been concerned about this.  I've got four years left on my stadium gift.  If they require my mean green club donation to be a certain level, I'm likely to just throw my arms up in the air, let them continue taking the $86 a month out of my credit card through 2020, and walk away.

I got a kid going to college (and likely TAMS) in the extremely near future.  As in TAMS applications begin this July.  Requiring me to up my contributions to athletics is about to become a much, much lower priority in my life.  Sneaking around with all this cloak and dagger spy nonsense, donor class warfare, and hellaciously poorly run ticket office does not improve my perspective.

Again...if you would like some additional info PM me.  No problem either way.  

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

Yep...and I would say the "usual suspects" are very proud of themselves for creating such an environment here on GMG.Com.  We have not only lost a number of previously solid posters for this site, but ticket buyers and donors as well due to their efforts.  They are doing to many exactly what they say the AD has done to them.  I am sure they must be very proud of themselves. Doing all one can to reduce ticket sales and donations is a super way to help the program., right?

But, of course, they see it as their mission in life to point out only the negative, rag on those who try to support the program and make as many as possible join their sad sack cause.  Never once realizing that they have become a major part of the problem and not the solution.  

Only at North Texas I guess.

PM me if you really want to know.  I am tired of trying to explain openly here on the site as it is never received well.

PM me and I would be happy to explain why we cannot renew our Club Seats at this point.   But, I sort of think you already know the reason.  But, I can and would be happy to help explain since I have spoken to folks several times about this issue.  I don't mind at all picking up a phone or asking in person when I have questions and did so immediately upon discovering I could not renew my tickets as yet.  I just upgraded my Mean Green Club membership and made a simple call for clearification. Happy to share with you what I have been told.

Blame it on us? Lol. Anything to protect Rick Villarreal, eh?

21 minutes ago, the green rokemi said:

Are they really going to up the membership? Surely they're not that dumb (I know, I know)

I'm already on the fence of buying season tickets to another sports franchise and just getting GA tickets for NT. That would solidify it for me

They will up the MGC donation level for club seat holders is my guess about what KRAM is talking about. Why that can't be posted publicly, I have no idea.

RV talked around this issue on a podcast with Harry to the point of not making any sense. 

Normally, this would be the time to do such a thing, with most of the initial buyers paying their last, smaller payment this year. But that shouldn't be the case for a program that went 1-11, refuses to fire a terrible AD, and suffered the worst loss in modern college football history. Only at North Texas. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

17 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

If someone wants me to give hundreds of dollars a year for a historically bad product, they better be offering me everything including a  handjob to make my buying experience pleasant. Here, we get the Hakeem Olajuwan in the ass with no lube. 

This might be the greatest post in the history of the world wide webs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Huff said:

Kram1 I took you up on the offer to send you a personal message seeking more information.    If it did not come through, please let me know and I will try again.

And when you find out, would you mind sharing with the rest of the class??? Feel free to change Kram1's name so we won't know who the source is

• Upvote 1

It shouldn't be KRAM's job to inform club seat holders about why they can't renew tickets when the AD is asking them to renew tickets. 

Its maddening that people have to get information piecemeal from trusted sources about how much money they will be charged for high end seats to a football program with a season ticket base of...  4,000? Maybe? 

Just unbelievable in so many ways.

• Upvote 2