Anyone have anything on the DC

El Paso Eagle

How about a timeline? Should we expect to see the staff completed by the time we wake up Monday?

I've heard once the dead periods over a few days after that.  It gives Seth time to do the interviews talk to his guys and get them in

What about this guy? Lead recruiter for a long time, coached with Littrell last season? Fedora wanted him to recruit South, Chizik wanted him (he learned a defense UNDER CHIZIK. One of the better defensive minds in the game. I'd be all in. 

http://www.scout.com/college/north-carolina/story/1578018-q-a-with-charlton-warren

seriously, click this link and read. I'll take 1 of him please! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm guessing seth already has his DC in mind just waiting for him to finish his season

That's a good bet, Coach doesn't seem like a guy who was ill-prepared. He knew his time would come and I guarantee you he has a plan in place.

• Upvote 2

That's a good bet, Coach doesn't seem like a guy who was ill-prepared. He knew his time would come and I guarantee you he has a plan in place.

Let's hope so.  Coach Mac had a plan in place but it was mostly his old cronies, and not any new eager-to-make-their-place-in-the-world coaches. Let's hope that Coach L's cronies (is that applicable to someone so young?) are better choices than Coach Mac's. 

• Upvote 4

Let's hope so.  Coach Mac had a plan in place but it was mostly his old cronies, and not any new eager-to-make-their-place-in-the-world coaches. Let's hope that Coach L's cronies (is that applicable to someone so young?) are better choices than Coach Mac's. 

If you go back and look at Mac's first staff this was not that true.  As he had to replace the good young coaches that he brought in early (Joseph, Bowen, etc...) he did so with some of his older staff and that is when things started to turn the corner towards the down hill slide

• Upvote 3

If you go back and look at Mac's first staff this was not that true.  As he had to replace the good young coaches that he brought in early (Joseph, Bowen, etc...) he did so with some of his older staff and that is when things started to turn the corner towards the down hill slide

I'd agree on Joseph but I truly believe Skladany was much better than Bowen.

• Upvote 2

X's and O's.  Very possible. But if the roumours are true that he wasn't into the recruiting side then that just adds to the downfall that happened as our staff became older and older

I've  been a proponent of that theory for some time but have zero facts to back it up. I feel like Skladany executed with Bowen's system already in place

I've  been a proponent of that theory for some time but have zero facts to back it up. I feel like Skladany executed with Bowen's system already in place

No.  They both ran a 4-3 but Skladany had his own system.  His lack of recruiting isn't a big deal if the rest of the staff can pull their weight.  Unfortunately, the rest of the staff couldn't. 

• Upvote 2

What about this dude? Could we woo him as the sole DC instead of the co-DC role he is in now? Dude coached under Skladany at Iowa State and now Pattterson at TCU. I think he'd bring an aggressive brand of defense that would be perfect for us.

Any Patterson protege I would be cool with. 

• Upvote 2