Widespread Night Of Terror in Paris, France...Again

http://fusion.net/story/234172/syrian-refugee-chart-explains-everything/

linked to through Nate Silver's Five Thirty Eight. I mean, it echoes the "most naive comment in GMG history," so whatevs, but numbers - nor essentially any other statistical reference point of any valid sample size- don't lie. 

Edited by CaribbeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kerry sees 'rationale' in Charlie Hebdo murders, unlike Friday's attacks in Paris

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/john-kerry-paris-attacks-charlie-hebdo-215992#ixzz3rnWs5lUt

Secretary of State John Kerry suggested on Tuesday that there was a “rationale” for the assault on satirical French weekly Charlie Hebdo, unlike the more recent attacks in Paris.

“There’s something different about what happened from Charlie Hebdo, and I think everybody would feel that," Kerry said in Paris, according to a transcript of his remarks. "There was a sort of particularized focus and perhaps even a legitimacy in terms of — not a legitimacy, but a rationale that you could attach yourself to somehow and say, OK, they’re really angry because of this and that.”

John "Herman Munster" Kerry,.... giving Joe Biden a run for his money as the dumbest person in DC?  

Can you imagine the outrage and call for his head by the media if a republican had said something so stupid?

Is there any doubt as to why our enemies feel more emboldened than ever before?

Rick

http://fusion.net/story/234172/syrian-refugee-chart-explains-everything/

linked to through Nate Silver's Five Thirty Eight. I mean, it echoes the "most naive comment in GMG history," so whatevs, but numbers - nor essentially any other statistical reference point of any valid sample size- don't lie. 

In your link...are we watching some kind of striptease video or what?

XHmjKNC.jpg

Rick

Since when has the left and the media been concerned with Anti-Semitism?

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Yeah, CBL linked to a similar story above.  I don't see how it's relevant to the Syrian refugees though.  There were no Jewish factions world wide vowing to mass murder non Jews in 1938.  And very shortly thereafter, once it was learned what was actually going on inbGermany and Poland,  Americans changed their views and put their own lives on the line to help.

Rick  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

To be clear, common citizens did not really know what was going on with the Jews till the war was basically over.  The Allied governments had a much clearer idea, but they didn't even know the extent of it.

However, one of the reasons people were against letting in Jewish refugees was the fear they'd bring a lot of communist thought in and infect the country with that ideology.  The 50's were not the original red scare after all.  The first one basically lasted from 1918 to 1941. 

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

To be clear, common citizens did not really know what was going on with the Jews till the war was basically over.  The Allied governments had a much clearer idea, but they didn't even know the extent of it.

However, one of the reasons people were against letting in Jewish refugees was the fear they'd bring a lot of communist thought in and infect the country with that ideology.  The 50's were not the original red scare after all.  The first one basically lasted from 1918 to 1941. 

Agree.  Didnt the Nazi Party USA sponsor elective candidates in some local elections?  I know the Communist Party USA did.

Rick

• Downvote 1

I am pretty sure they did.

If you look at the Jewish refugees from that angle, it's not that different than this.  Refugees needing help, but we suspect there could be an element among them that was focused on our destruction.  Whether it's bombing us like terrorists, or causing communist thought to run amok, the idea that they're trying to overthrow the social order is kinda similar.  Especially if you factor in how many of those communists used bombings and stuff to further their agenda.

I am pretty sure they did.

If you look at the Jewish refugees from that angle, it's not that different than this.  Refugees needing help, but we suspect there could be an element among them that was focused on our destruction.  Whether it's bombing us like terrorists, or causing communist thought to run amok, the idea that they're trying to overthrow the social order is kinda similar.  Especially if you factor in how many of those communists used bombings and stuff to further their agenda.

But your comparing an angle perception to a reality.

Look what happened yesterday in Turkey when officials at a soccer game against Greece called for a moment of silence for the victims of the attacks in Paris.  These moments of respect had been recognized at games all across Europe since Saturday

But in Turkey they booed and shout against it.   That's not just a few radicals yelling, that's hundreds to thousands.  And if allowed here there will be plenty within the Syrian refugees that will agree with them.    

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

I am not speaking to those Muslims trembling in fear from the likes of ISIL in their home countries.  I speak to the 1.60 billion Muslims world-wide.  Be proactive.  March in the streets. Speak up in the mosque. Organize against the radicals and show the world.  There is only one way out of this situation and that is for Muslims to fight back against the radicals with-in their ranks.  As perceived non-muslim nations push back for security reasons it will only make things worse in the long-term.  We are giving them the holy war they want.  Allowing the likes of ISIL to radicalize more of that 1.6 Billion.  Outside of that I really think this is the new-world order and it will only get worse.

But in Turkey they booed and shout against it.   That's not just a few radicals yelling, that's hundreds to thousands.  And if allowed here there will be plenty within the Syrian refugees that will agree with them.    

without getting into a debate over any sort of meaning or conclusions to take from this, let me just provide the general context of knowing that Turkish soccer supporters are notoriously the absolute worst soccer supporters in Europe...they've (both for the national team and traveling club teams) destroyed away sections of stadiums, set fields on fire with flares and deaths have resulted due to fights with other groups of supporters.

basically, they're the Philadelphia Eagle fans of European soccer. now...if you want to judge the whole of Philadelphia...or Pennsylvania...or the entire Mid-Atlantic region based on the actions of a bunch of battery-throwing, injury-cheering drunk douche-bags, I suppose that's your prerogative. it would just be rather naive.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

without getting into a debate over any sort of meaning or conclusions to take from this, let me just provide the general context of knowing that Turkish soccer supporters are notoriously the absolute worst soccer supporters in Europe...they've (both for the national team and traveling club teams) destroyed away sections of stadiums, set fields on fire with flares and deaths have resulted due to fights with other groups of supporters.

basically, they're the Philadelphia Eagle fans of European soccer. now...if you want to judge the whole of Philadelphia...or Pennsylvania...or the entire Mid-Atlantic region based on the actions of a bunch of battery-throwing, injury-cheering drunk douche-bags, I suppose that's your prerogative. it would just be rather naive.  

I don't doubt that about their soccer at all.  But there is plenty of evidence of Muslim refugees in Australia and Europe where once they collect in a critical number they start to attempt to impose their will over everyone else, to where you have such areas like the no-go zones in Paris, and local authorities in Germany warning women not to go out in public wearing skirts for their own safety.  Do you want that here some day?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am not speaking to those Muslims trembling in fear from the likes of ISIL in their home countries.  I speak to the 1.60 billion Muslims world-wide.  Be proactive.  March in the streets. Speak up in the mosque. Organize against the radicals and show the world.  There is only one way out of this situation and that is for Muslims to fight back against the radicals with-in their ranks.  As perceived non-muslim nations push back for security reasons it will only make things worse in the long-term.  We are giving them the holy war they want.  Allowing the likes of ISIL to radicalize more of that 1.6 Billion.  Outside of that I really think this is the new-world order and it will only get worse.

protest...and boobs!

this is from 2014...around the same time there was something called the Burn ISIS Flag Challenge going viral throughout Arab countries...a far more provocative version of our Ice Bucket Challenge. 

you forget though...while many rallies and protests still do occur, the political structure in many of these places makes it incredibly dangerous to go out and put on large-scale demonstrations. you can't just pay $1000 and get a permit, a couple road-barricades and a fleet of cops from the city of Damascus and expect a peaceful day. 

would you, literally, put your life on the line simply to prove to some Syrians that you as a Texan are not a gun-totting, uneducated, exclusively-fried-meat eating, racist redneck? no? then where is the motivation for your average Syrian to prove he/she isn't an asshole zealot to the West...especially a West that will still not be convinced afterward? 

I don't doubt that about their soccer at all.  But there is plenty of evidence of Muslim refugees in Australia and Europe where once they collect in a critical number they start to attempt to impose their will over everyone else, to where you have such areas like the no-go zones in Paris, and local authorities in Germany warning women not to go out in public wearing skirts for their own safety.  Do you want that here some day?

Rick

c'mon man. 

No-Go Zone Retraction from Fox News - there are dangerous areas in damn-near any city any where on earth. a largely migrant community would be highly likely to have high-crime, not because of religious, racial or nationalistic background, but because of socio-economic status.

I assume you mention Australia because of this: Australia's First Muslim Political Party. if you read the story...this was started in direct response to calls for assimilation (involving one's self in the political process would seemingly qualify, no?) and to the fact that there are apparently a number of openly anti-Muslim parties already in the Australian process. 

and before you say "religious affiliation in politics would never happen here", in this very thread you essentially asked why would a liberal concern himself with anti-semitism because apparently you believe that only the conservatives speak for Jewish interests, no?

and lastly...it wasn't "German authorities". it was one Bavarian school board. and that kinda shit happens all the time here. just from the most cursory of google searches: Girl Sent Home for Showing Collerbone

The Syrian passports to terror: EIGHT migrants have got into Europe with same papers as those found on stadium suicide bomber

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3322960/The-Syrian-passports-terror-EIGHT-migrants-got-Europe-papers-stadium-suicide-bomber.html

The full scale of the trade in false passports that allows terrorists to slip into Europe was exposed last night.

It lets Islamic State fanatics who are bent on murder pose as refugees fleeing war and persecution.

Eight migrants have reached Europe using documents almost identical to those carried by one of the Paris suicide bombers...

Rick

• Downvote 1

protest...and boobs!

this is from 2014...around the same time there was something called the Burn ISIS Flag Challenge going viral throughout Arab countries...a far more provocative version of our Ice Bucket Challenge. 

you forget though...while many rallies and protests still do occur, the political structure in many of these places makes it incredibly dangerous to go out and put on large-scale demonstrations. you can't just pay $1000 and get a permit, a couple road-barricades and a fleet of cops from the city of Damascus and expect a peaceful day. 

would you, literally, put your life on the line simply to prove to some Syrians that you as a Texan are not a gun-totting, uneducated, exclusively-fried-meat eating, racist redneck? no? then where is the motivation for your average Syrian to prove he/she isn't an asshole zealot to the West...especially a West that will still not be convinced afterward? 

I dont want or expect Syrians to do that.  The problem is radical Islam and they are all over the world.  Not just Syria.  Muslims should be uniting across the globe to oppose this small faction of their religion.  For the most part they are not.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

c'mon man. 

No-Go Zone Retraction from Fox News - there are dangerous areas in damn-near any city any where on earth. a largely migrant community would be highly likely to have high-crime, not because of religious, racial or nationalistic background, but because of socio-economic status.

The French call them "Sensitive Urban Zones".

http://www.vdare.com/posts/france-muslim-zones-are-dangerous-for-white-french-citizens

In France, Muslims increasingly attack white French citizens, and it’s called crime, but it’s really war in the Islamic conquest by immigration. Islamic no-go zones are “little Muslim caliphates” and white French enter at their own risk because police fear to go into those places also...

Rick

• Downvote 1

I dont want or expect Syrians to do that.  The problem is radical Islam and they are all over the world.  Not just Syria.  Muslims should be uniting across the globe to oppose this small faction of their religion.  For the most part they are not.  

You don't see Christians all over America marching united against Westboro Baptist or Robert Tilton, because most people can gather on their own that people like that do not represent the religion.
For some reason, that same logic flies out the window when talking about Islam.

• Upvote 1

France Seeks to Reclaim 'No-Go' Zones

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3305/france-no-go-zones

• Despite the scale of the damage, French police have hesitated to make any arrests for fear of sparking more riots. Residents of the neighborhood know the names of the perpetrators but "nobody dares to speak for fear of reprisals." "You can no longer order a pizza or get a doctor to come to the house."

The French government has announced a plan to boost policing in 15 of the most crime-ridden parts of France in an effort to reassert state control over the country's so-called "no-go" zones: Muslim-dominated neighborhoods that are largely off limits to non-Muslims.

The crime-infested districts, which the French Interior Ministry has designated as Priority Security Zones (zones de sécurité prioritaires, or ZSP), include heavily Muslim parts of Paris, Marseilles, Strasbourg, Lille and Amiens, where Muslim youths recently went on a two-day arson rampage that caused extensive property damage and injured more than a dozen police officers.

The crackdown on lawlessness in the ZSP is set to begin in September, when French Interior Minister Manuel Valls plans to deploy riot police, detectives and intelligence agents into the selected areas. The hope is that a "North American-style" war on crime can prevent France's impoverished suburbs from descending into turmoil....

Seems to me there is substantial evidence that No Go Zones do in fact exist and are not the fabrication of Fox News.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick