Coaches Show Recap

H-towngreen

That's a top 25 team right there.  http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

Well, maybe next week?

At least we all know where 1 of the 44 votes came from

They won't touch the top25. They struggled with Illinois St, Iowa St and Pitt. Every top 25 team with an average performance would put all 3 of those teams away in the 2nd quarter. The Iowa hype is Mccarney's attempt and the attempt of some of our fans trying to put water on the flames. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

They won't touch the top25. They struggled with Illinois St, Iowa St and Pitt. Every top 25 team with an average performance would put all 3 of those teams away in the 2nd quarter. The Iowa hype is Mccarney's attempt and the attempt of some of our fans trying to put water on the flames. 

But....but...he said he knew what it looked like and that's a top 25 team.

But seriously, I agree with you.  They might sneak in there next week IF they win in Wisconsin.  I see the Badgers getting the W and Iowa getting 1 top 25 vote next week.

I'm new to the forum and appreciate the content to keep up and learn about the team. I try to give the benefit of the doubt as this is the first season I've really been "plugged in", but, when I read part of the transcript I had no idea what he was saying, what it meant and I wasn't able to gain any insight into what's going on with the team or program. My thought was WTH did that guy say. Is that normal or a bad day?

• Upvote 1

I'm new to the forum and appreciate the content to keep up and learn about the team. I try to give the benefit of the doubt as this is the first season I've really been "plugged in", but, when I read part of the transcript I had no idea what he was saying, what it meant and I wasn't able to gain any insight into what's going on with the team or program. My thought was WTH did that guy say. Is that normal or a bad day?

He talks in deep breathes with huge run on sentences. It's a ton of psychobabble bullshit. There is no trying to crypt it. It is what it is and we're trapped with it thanks to our AD. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

just remember.... IOWA, IOWA, IOWA, IOWA... Saved Iowa St program... won a national title at Florida... Did I mention I won a national title at Florida?

Rinse. Repeat.

About 1,000 times

• Upvote 1

So about that. Iowa just dominated Wisconsin in their own house. Yes 10-6 is dominated in the Big Ten. Wisconsin had no business being in that game. 

Definitely not dominating, as Wisconsin was in the red zone with a chance to win in the final seconds, and fumbled the ball away earlier in the game at the Iowa 1 yard line.

But, a win at Wisconsin is impressive, even when Wisconsin is in the midst of a down year.

I still think Iowa ends the season with 4 or 5 losses and out of the top 25