MGB: UNT women add another transfer Terriell Bradley

I feel like Jaley is doing what every coach should be in finding talent... Have these gets not seemed really big to anyone else?

Agreed. She's shaking things up.

This latest transfer is going to have to sit. Does Nekia?

If so, we may not see results (at least, her transfer recruiting efforts) until next year.

• Upvote 2

Jalie is doing exactly what we had hoped. She is getting some of the top talent in the state to come back home and call UNT their home. This is terrific, even if they have to sit out a year.

Caw Caw is dead on. This is EXACTLY what we should be doing in all programs and frankly it should apply to students as well. With our great location and low tuition we should be the top transfer destination. A lot of these kids cannot transfer to teams in their conference and don't want to relocate to another out of state/area destination.

so is Jalie throwing away 2015-16 in order to "try" and be successful in 2016-17?

Just remember outside of JUCO, there are reasons a player transfers and not necessarily playing time.

Great gets but is Jalie and RV willing to throw away the next season?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, I honestly think this is the coaching direction as well. Young, up-and-coming talent who have their best days ahead of them. We are already gambling on the "seasoned" coaches we are willing to pay for anyway, why not try and bring some new blood and energy? They are hungry and have something to prove for them to move to bigger things.This is not the case with a lot of seasoned coaches on the tail end of their careers they seem complacent. Of course the energy is there at first but once they realize the talent North Texas presents they are just trying to pass the bar of job security.

so is Jalie throwing away 2015-16 in order to "try" and be successful in 2016-17?

Just remember outside of JUCO, there are reasons a player transfers and not necessarily playing time.

Great gets but is Jalie and RV willing to throw away the next season?

Bowler you have limited options for this year due to the transfer rules and that isn't Jalie's fault --- it lies solely with Coach Pete. So she isn't throwing anything away, she's trying to upgrade the talent level which Coach Pete squandered. She's doing a pretty damn good job of it in my book.

Yeah, I honestly think this is the coaching direction as well. Young, up-and-coming talent who have their best days ahead of them. We are already gambling on the "seasoned" coaches we are willing to pay for anyway, why not try and bring some new blood and energy? They are hungry and have something to prove for them to move to bigger things.This is not the case with a lot of seasoned coaches on the tail end of their careers they seem complacent. Of course the energy is there at first but once they realize the talent North Texas presents they are just trying to pass the bar of job security.

This is really a crap-shoot though.

Ask any Texas Tech football fan about how their young, up-&-coming talent that returned to his Alma Mater a couple of years ago is working out.

• Upvote 1

Bowler you have limited options for this year due to the transfer rules and that isn't Jalie's fault --- it lies solely with Coach Pete. So she isn't throwing anything away, she's trying to upgrade the talent level which Coach Pete squandered. She's doing a pretty **** good job of it in my book.

You can't say it lies solely with Coach Pete if Jalie could be recruiting talent that could play next year, but she is choosing not to.

In the long run, this may prove smart, but it does look like she's more or less throwing away next season. By her choice.

You can't say it lies solely with Coach Pete if Jalie could be recruiting talent that could play next year, but she is choosing not to.

In the long run, this may prove smart, but it does look like she's more or less throwing away next season. By her choice.

I think the girls for next year's class have already signed though. So she really is hamstrung as far as who she can bring in to play next season.

One of them was a McDonald's All-American nominee from Flower Mound, so that's not so bad!

Bowler you have limited options for this year due to the transfer rules and that isn't Jalie's fault --- it lies solely with Coach Pete. So she isn't throwing anything away, she's trying to upgrade the talent level which Coach Pete squandered. She's doing a pretty damn good job of it in my book.

I agree she is upgrading the talent but that is for 2016/17. I am looking at 2015/16, Pete signed a couple solid players but is there enough depth to make it in 2015/16, with no now 3 scholarships going to 16/17 season

This is really a crap-shoot though.

Ask any Texas Tech football fan about how their young, up-&-coming talent that returned to his Alma Mater a couple of years ago is working out.

It's Tech. When have they ever done much of a anything except score a lot of points, and play weak OOC schedules?

• Upvote 1

I don't have any idea of how many players that Petersen signed or committed to that will end up at NT. However, anyone expecting big things next year, is overly optimistic. This was one of the worst teams in NT history with their best two players graduating.

There are a few pieces returning that I think can do much better then they did last year, but even with super coaching; I don't expect much.

Petersen's recruiting class was horrible last year, so I have little hope for any of his recruits that may come in next year. Remember also that our AD didn't exactly help recruiting by naming the coach as late as he did. I expect Mitchell is doing about the best that can be done under the circumstances.

Edited by GrandGreen

I don't have any idea of how many players that Petersen signed or committed to that will end up at NT. However, anyone expecting big things next year, is overly optimistic. This was one of the worst teams in NT history with their best two players graduating.

There are a few pieces returning that I think can do much better then they did last year, but even with super coaching; I don't expect much.

Petersen's recruiting class was horrible last year, so I have little hope for any of his recruits that may come in next year. Remember also that our AD didn't exactly help recruiting by naming the coach as late as he did. I expect Mitchell is doing about the best that can be done under the circumstances.

Fortunately, besting a 5-24 record shouldn't be too hard.

Great job Jalie! Seems to me that Jalie is doing exactly what she needs to do to get the program going in the right direction. This is not a one year deal. It is going to take more than one season. Good job Jalie! Go get 'em!

I don't think anyone is expecting great things out the gate, but there is clearly a new excitement an energy around the program. If you want results next year you're probably still expecting them to pay out the rest of Benford's contract. And i do think there will be growing pains and dealing with a "bare cupboard". But i would gladly take delayed success over continued stagnation in any UNT sport.

Edit: GrandGreen didn't want you to think this was directed directly at you, just wanted to continue the dialogue.

Edited by Caw Caw
  • Upvote 1