15' DT Dalen Morgan, Mesquite Horn....aka...Booger II

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dalen-Morgan-164643

5'11", 290.

A Defensive Tackle that's fast enough to play Running Back and Safety

2nd team All Area Dallas, Dallas Morning News

District 10 6A Defensive MVP

Has one offer and is committed to Northwestern St Louisiana.

This is the short, fast fireplug we have been looking for since 2003.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Or an oversight due to height? Which would be a stupid oversight.

Rick

Agree.

EVERY FBS school ignoring him due to height? I can't see that.

We know coaches were visiting Horn this year, and they saw him. Horn has a bunch of big-time recruits.

We KNOW UNT coaches were visiting Horn, because we pulled Woodworth from there.

Or an oversight due to height? Which would be a stupid oversight.

Rick

Height is a legitimate measurable in the NFL, and I'm sure the speed across the board neutralized Brandon's talents. But Booger proved that you can get away with it in college, and I'm sure he is not the only one.

It does make me think that college scouts take their lessons from the NFL with little or no wiggle room for kids that don't fit that mold.

Agree.

EVERY FBS school ignoring him due to height? I can't see that.

We know coaches were visiting Horn this year, and they saw him. Horn has a bunch of big-time recruits.

We KNOW UNT coaches were visiting Horn, because we pulled Woodworth from there.

Honest question, I don't know if the answer will prove your point: how many offers did Brandon have coming out of Terrell?

Honest question, I don't know if the answer will prove your point: how many offers did Brandon have coming out of Terrell?

SMU and Tulsa were his main offers. SMU was requiring an essay or something which screwed things up for them. Their academics requirements were stiff. Tulsa basically camped out at his house and we were all VERY worried as his fax did not come in till later in the day on signing day. We had been burned a year prior when a QB recruit we had commited flipped to La. Tech on signing day... Tulsa's coach Keith Burns was at the end of his tenure and I think they were questioning whether or not they would continue football if you can believe it. Nevertheless it played into our hands.

I believe he was being recruited by Ramone Flanigan who was an OUTSTANDING recruiter at that particular time. We also had help on the ground (all legal and above board) from a good UNT alum who was based in Terrell and knew the family quite well.