Interesting Comment From Urban Meyer

KRAM1

Just saw a tape of an Urban Meyer interview done earlier today...when Talking about QB's...

When a guy is really talented but that guy is immature and doesn't use his talents it's pretty much a waste of time..

Note: I didn't put quotes around it as I am sure that isn't an exact quote...pretty close, but not exact.

Hmmm...that could be said about athletes in general and people pretty much about the general public as well.

But, was he saying that a player's maturity and attitude were on them? Anyone else catch this statement? If so...can you add a bit more perspective on the statement...he was shown just after his freshman QB was interviewed...related? Don't know...surely someone else caught this...was on during halftime of the NDS-I'll St Championship game..,I wasn't paying complete attention. Anyone?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

Urban Meyer > Dan McCarney

Urban Meyer > Tony Benford

When Urban Meyer makes these kinds of statements it's fair to say he's making a fair generalization and not deflecting blame for failure to succeed.

Any other shoe horned comparisons you'd like to draw?

Urban Meyer > RV

You forgot the biggest excuse maker.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Urban Meyer > Dan McCarney

Urban Meyer > Tony Benford

When Urban Meyer makes these kinds of statements it's fair to say he's making a fair generalization and not deflecting blame for failure to succeed.

Any other shoe horned comparisons you'd like to draw?

Yep...

Urban Meyer > Emmitt01*

Urban Meyer > UNT90*

*When it comes to any any college sports related issues. We'll just leave it with that and Emmitt's shoehorn.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Yep...

Urban Meyer > Emmitt01*

Urban Meyer > UNT90*

*When it comes to any any college sports related issues. We'll just leave it with that and Emmitt's shoehorn.

But emmitt01 started the 1st game campout. Bet Meyer can't say that.

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of these Mavs who have guys that don't care if they win. THey are good but don't do the things to win. No title with this group. If you can go home and sleep after well after 3 picks or after lazy turnovers bless you and enjoy the money. Not winning championships. GMG

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of these Mavs who have guys that don't care if they win. THey are good but don't do the things to win. No title with this group. If you can go home and sleep after well after 3 picks or after lazy turnovers bless you and enjoy the money. Not winning championships. GMG

Or being 100 games under .500 in major sports...

• Downvote 1

It's also a lot easier to make that comment when you get your pick of Parade All-American QBs and can filter out the 3 & 4 star guys with bad attitudes. I have no idea what our QB recruitment strategy is under Mac and Canales. We've gone out and gotten guys with great work ethics (McNulty & Greer & Means), and then we've gone after the freak talents that may have baggage or maturity issues (Berglund & Dajon & the new Juco signing--solely basing this on how many stops he's made during his career). Unfortunately, they haven't been able to land the guy that has all the tools at once.

• Upvote 2

Just saw a tape of an Urban Meyer interview done earlier today...when Talking about QB's...

When a guy is really talented but that guy is immature and doesn't use his talents it's pretty much a waste of time..

Note: I didn't put quotes around it as I am sure that isn't an exact quote...pretty close, but not exact.

Hmmm...that could be said about athletes in general and people pretty much about the general public as well.

But, was he saying that a player's maturity and attitude were on them? Anyone else catch this statement? If so...can you add a bit more perspective on the statement...he was shown just after his freshman QB was interviewed...related? Don't know...surely someone else caught this...was on during halftime of the NDS-I'll St Championship game..,I wasn't paying complete attention. Anyone?

61bGh.gif

• Upvote 3