MGC Numbers + Estimated FB Season Tickets Sold

greenit

And the BOR will never be that way--ever. This is a liberal arts school first, a teachers college second, and a value degree school third. The BOR will always be made up of those areas' votes...

Athletics will never matter here--there's too much history, both long ago and today, that proves the point. The only person that is gone from a 4-8 season is the DC who said he was retiring months before the season ended. The men's hoops team has been pile-driven into the ground since JJ left three seasons ago, yet no changes on staff, and the women's coach is being called Shanice Petersen, so that tells you all you need to know.

My Alma Mater doesn't care a lick about sports the way I do. It is what it is. It's never gonna change. We can all still

Bleed green and support our teams, but in the end, the BOR and admin want us to be that wonderful liberal arts and music school that started as an educators college, and offers a great value. It's who we are and it's in the DNA of the school and of the town. It just has to be accepted at this point. Nothing we can do about it...

All valid points, but BS. Things change, perceptions are pushed into different directions. Stanford players wear black framed glasses without lenses in post-game pressers after kicking peoples assess. They probably hit their ceiling tbh, but with their history of being pitiful it was a pretty high mark to hit.

And no, I'm not comparing us to Stanford. However, their football program was being drug through the mud for decades until recently. We as fans must do better at supporting the program. 28k would help our chances far more than 16k. Players play harder when they have a crowd backing them. Students, alum, faculty, Denton, etc. have to do better. But stating this on this site is barking up the wrong tree.

Nevertheless, GMG.

• Upvote 1

You could get this kind of stuff through an Open Records Request. I know public universities are subject to at least some of the provisions, though I'm not entirely sure to what extent. They would have 10 days from receipt to communicate a "reasonable" timeframe in which you could expect to have the documents. They wouldn't be required to create new information, however. So if they have no idea how many season tickets they have sold, written consequences for failing to meet goals, etc, then they wouldn't have to provide that. Similarly, they could not be compelled to provide sensitive information like credit card numbers (though those are most often just redacted). But base numbers, stuff like that... you'd have a pretty good shot.

The really scary part is that a spare poster like myself on some fansite can see this, but the BOR either refuses to see it or does see it and willfully chooses to ignore it. Either way, it is poor judgement.

No different than the BOR not doing anything to Lee Jackson for running UNT into a financial crisis, they just keep steering the ship into the icebergs and patch the holes with band-aids

No different than the BOR not doing anything to Lee Jackson for running UNT into a financial crisis, they just keep steering the ship into the icebergs and patch the holes with band-aids

The BOR couldn't do a thing about Lee Jackson, who was appointed by Rick Perry, until 01/01/15, the date Perry left office, without risking their own job.

They can now, but will they?

• Upvote 1