College Football Playoff Sham

DeepGreen

To be clear, that's the only thing I was referencing in my post.

TCU, however, somehow went from 3 to 6 in a week, after winning big -- which is mind-boggling. Not saying the committee got it wrong in the end -- just baffled by the methodology.

That's why there shouldn't be rankings, whatsoever, until after the conference championships.

Everyone is ignoring 59 to freaking zero with a third string quarterback. I like that a team playing at the top of its game is playing in New Years day. Fun for the college football fan. There were times in bcs where teams limped into the biggest games. If Osu won 21-20 we would be seeing Baylor in slot 4. I think A bama Oregon game would be epic. Play a championship big 10 errr 12 and fight for top four. No handouts.

GMG

Maybe TCU's admin and coaching staff is crying too, but Baylor's whining is about to feel up the Brazos...I still cannot believe they hired a PR firm to sell their candidacy to the media and committee. Maybe Ken Starr should sue the PR group for not getting the job done?

best answer..."this"...so funny and so true.

I know I'm echoing other people, but why can't the champions of each conference battle it out for the championship game? I may sound completely uneducated on the rules. But it makes the most logical sense to me...

Because that is what you are saying is the best for us, and what would benefit us the most. Do you think the P5 conferences are looking to help the rest of us out? Why would the SEC worry that we aren't represented? These conferences are looking out for themselves, they want to keep the level of separation they have.

Edited by Green Otaku

I thought Briles's comments about the lack of a representative from this region was dead on.

People have inbred prejudices. Just think, 11 of the 12 members also have nothing to do with G5 teams.

If any of you are thinking TCU circa 2010 or an undefeated Boise St. ever gets even a sniff, you are high.

Here's a crazy thought: Take the 5 P5 champions + the best of the rest and make it a 6 team playoff, with the top two seeds getting byes. The 3 and 4 seed get a home game against the 5 and 6 seed. Then, you go to the bowl games. This year, for example, would've looked like this:

1. Bama

2. Oregon

3. FSU

4. Ohio State

5. Baylor

6. TCU

That is exactly what I thought the playoff was going to be before they came out and said it was just four teams..... That covers 5 bowl games right there. Then I wish they would let the likes of the fiesta bowl etc... Not be a part of the playoff. The playoff bowls should just be playoff bowls. Let the fiesta, rose etc... Keep their uniqueness.

Everyone is ignoring 59 to freaking zero with a third string quarterback. I like that a team playing at the top of its game is playing in New Years day. Fun for the college football fan. There were times in bcs where teams limped into the biggest games. If Osu won 21-20 we would be seeing Baylor in slot 4. I think A bama Oregon game would be epic. Play a championship big 10 errr 12 and fight for top four. No handouts.

GMG

We get it. You think the system got it right.

Because that is what you are saying is the best for us, and what would benefit us the most. Do you think the P5 conferences are looking to help the rest of us out? Why would the SEC worry that we aren't represented? These conferences are looking out for themselves, they want to keep the level of separation they have.

I know they don't care about us and they never will. But hey, it's all about who is most popular right? Who has the most influence in CFB. The day college football gives each conference champion a shot, is the day the national championship game will be fair to every football team in the FBS...... And yes I know, it will never happen....

OSU had the better resume by far IMO.

I'd say they had by far the worst. Too much credit given for the beat down of Wisconsin considering the rest of their "body of work."

Everyone is ignoring 59 to freaking zero with a third string quarterback.

Just like everyone is ignoring a 35-21 loss at home to Virginia Tech (6-6)?

Just like everyone is ignoring the fact that TCU beat Minnesota 30-7* while Ohio St. beat them 31-24?

*They called off the dogs in the 4th quarter after being up 30-0 after 3 quarters.

Edited by NT93

It's a toss up when you have all those teams sitting with just one loss. Think of the negative effect the B12 put forth by awarding a co-championship. How sleazy is that? The panel didn't buy it. Baylor's OOC schedule did them in and TCU's loss to Baylor plus cheap championship award didn't help them. When OSU destroyed Wisky in the title game, the panel didn't even blink when they put OSU in....

Interesting analysis in the various Morning News columns. Consensus seems to be expanding just for a title game isn't worth the nearly $5 million hit each team would take. And the analysis on title games is they hurt more than help. On Sunday, every written and spoken statement from the CFP spokesman repeated over and over late of a designated conference champion was NOT what kept Baylor out, it was strength of schedule and that was still extremely close. Baylor gets on of its top 6 wins on the road and the strength of schedule tilts back toward it! But they didn't.

There are 68ish teams in the NCAA basketball playoffs and still huge discussion of who gets left out. That is going to be the case no matter how may teams are included.