Does Anybody Really Know What Shade of Green We're

We are going to use the new green in 2005-2006.

It will be interesting to see if our football team's green and the Green Brigade's new unis' this Fall are close with the shade of green we have switched to.

I am sure most any green will do this Fall because I don't think many retailers in Denton know there is a change at this time. Seems like there would be some department on campus that would have put out a mailer or even just an email to retailers on what color# of green NT is switching to.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

There's no telling.. I'm sure it would be easier to gauge after all the freshman camps are over, but it wouldn't surprise me to push 275-300 by the time they get together in August. Unfortunantly, I graduated this year, so I'm not as "in the know" as last year... but i'll give you a hint of numbers (uniforms and people) when I get them.

There's no telling.. I'm sure it would be easier to gauge after all the freshman camps are over, but it wouldn't surprise me to push 275-300 by the time they get together in August.  Unfortunantly, I graduated this year, so I'm not as "in the know" as last year... but i'll give you a hint of numbers (uniforms and people) when I get them.

I think 300 bandsmen (if it were to happen) would be the largest NT marching band I would have ever seen since I've been watching all this beginning in 1973.

Of course, with the 2'nd largest College of Music in the USA (only behind Indiana U) I've often wondered why we didn't have the largest college marching band in the Lone Star State. I can just hear it now, the Tea-sippers are yelling "BLASPHEMY" with that last thought. tongue.gif

Plumm, I talked to a fellow in Denton on Wednesday who told me that the new football uniforms had to be ordered very early - before the new color scheme was announced. This means that the football uniforms will be the same color of green as was used last year. We did not talk about the style of jerseys or what would be on the helmets.

THIS EPISTLE NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART (or those who get tense when one expresses an opinion that may be different than their own):

Very, very disappointing news that our new 2005 version Mean Green football unis won't display the new official shade of green for NT. Wasn't that new shade of color decided on last Spring?

And is Laura Miller in charge of the "Unify All NT Departments for the Common Cause" committee in Denton? Nothing any worse for any company or school than well organized confusion.

Why not many, many weeks ago a memo (perhaps) similar to this from the NT administration to NT athletics>>>> "We are changing our entire university shade of green in a matter of days so please hold off as long as possible in ordering football unis' so we can all be on the same page when this materializes. 'Very important that our football team (which will be seen on TV several times this Fall) AND the Green Brigade marching band help us get the "new look" University of North Texas out to our masses, especially to our alums and fans." Sincerely: NT Administration

Hellsbells, fellow NT alums/fans, even the "just out on the magazine stands" Dave Campbell's TEXAS FOOTBALL magazine in the NT section exhibits our new look green and new eagle logo and that had to be coordinated with someone at NT, now didn't it?

Also, didn't NT Athletics have a subtle hint from our school's officials that our alma mater's color scheme was going to change? I know there are some very big egos on our campus, I've dealt with 2 or 3 of them thru the years and no longer waste my time doing that, but lets not allow those on-campus egos to start rubbing against each other like sand paper to the ultimate detriment of our school or NT alums who give money to their school; for that matter, even those NT alums who don't contribute to their school--we're all in this together. Yet don't we as alums/fans want to feel everyone on our campus is unified in order to meet specific objectives or goals that will be important for our school's standing in the Metroplex community for years and decades to come (even when those making these important decsions today are long gone)?

So I guess the question is: Who is running the asylum at our "state assisted" university these days? Does every NT department just go out on their own, do their own thing without any on-campus inter-departmental coordination? I think we see signs of this much too often. Could we start with fund-raising at NT? In other words, who gets the fund-raising "A" list of potential donors? Sorry, thats another show. LOL!

WHO'S ON FIRST? WHAT'S ON SECOND? What I am saying is it is going to be so un-cool to see our football team wearing a completely different shade of green than the 250-300 member NT Green Brigade marching band. Why didn't NT Athletics call the College of Music (if they didn't) to see what shade of green our marching band ordered for their new unis' months ago? Also, our fans will be even more confused when they start buying Mean Green gear this Summer with thoughts perhaps like this, " Well, do I buy gear that matches the darker green of the football unis or the lighter green of the Green Brigade?" This could have all been so very un-avoided with just a hint of inter-departmental communication at our alma mater's main campus, folks.

I just don't know about our alma mater sometimes. Makes me wonder how we will ever be organized, coordinated, unified and on the same page enough to ever raise money for the sole purpose of our getting a very over-due new football stadium which we've (basically) only needed for about 30 years now. mad.gif

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

A SOLUTION? NT athletics needs to go to the same financial reservoir or resource that was used for the extremely high amount of monies spent on the NT branding project and just re-order our NT football unis', but this time with the new shade of green.

Re-order them even if they are not quite in for the LSU or Middle Tennessee game. Debut the new shade of green on these newer football unis' at our home season opener against Tulsa on Sept. 17'th. IMHO, it's that important that we all look like we are on the same page at NT and what better way than we all wear the same shade of green (or as close to it as we can get)? It's a guarantee that the UT Tea-Sips all wear burn't orange and not the much brighter shade of Halloween orange.

............................................................................................................................................................

To the one or two of you who may even agree with the aforementioned thoughts, please feel free to email this post to Chancellor Lee Jackson, President Norval Pohl and Bobby Ray, chairman of the NT Board of Regents. blink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

"Does every NT department just go out on their own, do their own thing without any on-campus inter-departmental coordination? "

Jim, My sister worked for the University over 25 years ago. She worked in the department where everyone at North Texas makes a request for goods and services. Her answer to your question would be a resounding "YES! It's been that way for decades!

"Makes me wonder how we will ever be organized, coordinated, unified and on the same page enough to ever raise money for the sole purpose of our getting a very over-due new football stadium which we've (basically) only needed for about 30 years now."

Knowing what I know, and knowing what my sister has told me, I've always wondered if we will ever even closely resemble (spirit wise) any of the former SWC schools in Texas. Recent events here at good ol' UNT have shown me that not much has changed in decades.

I'm convinced that if it wasn't for the GMG board there wouldn't be near as much growth in game day activity as we have seen in the last five years.

And still, with all of the increase in participation that this board has brought about, we are still referred to as "THOSE PEOPLE" in official UNT e-mail correspondence.

Case in point. I contacted the athletic department about a donation for the new stadium. They told me they would send a pledge card in the U.S. mail. Its been a week now.. I have not seen anything from the department. I even sent a follow up email.. and nothing. That makes me really want to make a donation. I also can't get the ticket office to send me info on season tickets.

Edited by NT91

NT91 if you will contact Heather Walker at the Advancement office she will take care of you. She is the one I worked with to give a few dollars to the stadium fund. Her number in Denton is (940) 565-4082. She is a very nice young lady and a good person to work with.

She is the one I worked with to give a few dollars to the stadium fund.

Is the Stadium Fund "officially" opened now for the public phase? The last I heard or saw was the Stadium promo video that has since vanished and some talk of waiting until some large private $$ had been given to kick off the real Campaign. What's the real deal?? ph34r.gif

Is the Stadium Fund "officially" opened now for the public phase? The last I heard or saw was the Stadium promo video that has since vanished and some talk of waiting until some large private $$ had been given to kick off the real Campaign. What's the real deal?? ph34r.gif

Things on the fund raising front, including the stadium, are very active and constantly changing.

Be assured that alot of avenues are being followed, and that alot of effort is being exerted.

I will have a MGR update about all of this soon. ph34r.gif

I love our dark green, it looks awesome,especially on the helmets

speaking of which,I went into wal-mart @ gainsville on monday, saw this store called,sportsfix er something like that,walked in,and saw the usual, all TT/UT/A&M stuff,but then I saw a UNT helmet air freshener! it was six bucks though.

Things on the fund raising front, including the stadium, are very active and constantly changing.

Be assured that alot of avenues are being followed, and that alot of effort is being exerted.

I will have a MGR update about all of this soon. ph34r.gif

Thanks for the info/update. It's frustrating waiting for any official news about the Campaign. I have heard of some who would donate but are put off thinking nothing is happening. It's all about communication with the fanbase.

THIS EPISTLE NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART (or those who get tense when one expresses an opinion that may be different than their own):

Very, very disappointing news that our new 2005 version Mean Green football unis won't display the new official shade of green for NT.  Wasn't that new shade of color decided on last Spring?

My understanding was that the athletic department had informed the school that they needed to know the new color of green by February in order for the new uniforms to be ready for the start of football season. They were not told until late March or April. The color of green NT has chosen is not a stock green and requires a special order. Voertman's has already said that none of it's vendors make clothing in that color and even the on-campus bookstore is having trouble apparently. The new logo can be found on white, gray, or hunter green.

Apparently, t-shirts were found for freshman orientation, but those are only "official" green shirts that I have seen.