Capitalizing in recruiting

BillySee58

On 10/9/2016 at 11:28 AM, BillySee58 said:

I really felt like the downfall of the Mccarney was not only due to bad recruiting, but due to bad recruiting when we had momentum and things going for us as a program.

Mccarney failed miserably with a 2012 class filled with players with weak offer lists, coming off a very impressive 5-7 season where he nearly matched Dodge's win total after just one season. Then in 2013 we struggled despite the announcement that we would be moving to CUSA.

Finally, between our HOD bowl game and nine months later when we played our first game, recruiting really was unimpressive despite finally being able to show off a bowl victory and impressive season to recruits. That was the beginning of the end before the 2014 season even started.

We have a lot going for us. It's time for us to start getting big time recruits who 5 or more other FBS programs want. Or get players here and there with lower-tier P5 offers like Iowa State, Kansas, Purdue. We're close and it's awesome.

When you say we're close, do you meant that we're close to getting some of those recruits?

I kept thinking Saturday, man I hope this staff can recruit, because they can clearly coach. And having both would be the the beginning of something truly exciting.

One problem McCarney's staff had was it seems they didn't put the effort into recruiting that was required.  If this staff fails it won't be because they didn't put the work in.  I feel confident this staff will put in the time and effort to do the job but we'll see if the can "close the deal" on enough quality recruits.  The work ethic this staff is putting into recruiting appears to be night and day different from McCarney's staff.   

• Upvote 2