Recruiting tweets thread

Just thought it might be a good idea to get a thread going for recruiting updates and info relayed from the twitterverse. This way you don't have to make a new thread everytime you see a tweet you want to post on here.

If it's specific to a certain recruit, obviously the best place to post it would be their thread, but here's another option for that as well.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

Paul Magloire

Is he on any of our recruiting lists? 6-2, 215, 4.55 40

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Paul-Magloire-156913

I don't think we've offered yet, but he's obviously on the coaches radar. I've said this time and time again, I really feel like we pull a JUCO safety this class. We have just Shilleci, Warner, and Kishawn McClain (incoming freshman) as non-senior, scholarship safeties on our 2014 roster. Edited by BillySee58

Can we just get a commit? Just to get our feet wet! Do we have a young guy involved in recruiting? Mid to late twenties. They seem to know how to talk to high school guys rather than an older guy hurrying up a home visit for a colonoscopy appointment.

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%23meangreen&src=typd

Clay Holford from Hebron. Currently a MLB but I see him as a DE.

I disagree. I think he's an MLB in college. But I definitely could see him growing into a DE. I would say keep this kid in the 230s and let him be a thumper up the middle. We could use a hitter like Holford in the middle, to go with our smaller, speedy guys on the outside. I talked about it in his thread.

I disagree. I think he's an MLB in college. But I definitely could see him growing into a DE. I would say keep this kid in the 230s and let him be a thumper up the middle. We could use a hitter like Holford in the middle, to go with our smaller, speedy guys on the outside. I talked about it in his thread.

I just don't think he has the speed to stay at LB. I'd say throw another 20-30 lbs on him and move him to DE. Let's see if we offer first though

I just don't think he has the speed to stay at LB. I'd say throw another 20-30 lbs on him and move him to DE. Let's see if we offer first though

I think he has the speed and pursuit ability to play inside. Plus he's pretty good at play reading. An extra half step can equal out a 4.6 and a 4.8 guy. JMO. I don't think he's fast enough to play outside LB for us, but if he keeps his weight where it's at and focuses on speed and agility training he could stay at linebacker.

And yes, we have offered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've been very picky with high school running backs so far. We have 1 junior running back, 3 sophomores, 1 redshirt freshman, and 2 true freshmen coming in (with at least 1 likely to redshirt) all on scholarship. But Mac has said he wants to take at least 1 back per class.

Edited by BillySee58

We've been very picky with high school running backs so far. We have 1 junior running back, 3 sophomores, 1 redshirt freshman, and 2 true freshmen coming in (with at least 1 likely to redshirt) all on scholarship. But Mac has said he wants to take at least 1 back per class.

I'm about 95% sure we have offered Johnson. Just hasn't been reported by anyone yet