Sun Belt Finishes 1st (in non-AQ revenue)

Mean Green 93-98

The Belt had a nice season, but they were really a 3 team league. ULL, Arkansas State, and WKU were good. No other team in the Sun Belt finished above .500. Even though they finished 1st, I'm still glad we got our of there. I love being in C-USA.

Next season, it will be interesting to see how conferences preform with their new additions. I don't believe the Belt will can produce another season like this year, and I think C-USA is much closer to the AAC and MWC then either of those conferences want to believe. North Texas just needs to keep winning.

Edited by Side Show Joe

The Belt had a nice season, but they were really a 3 team league. ULL, Arkansas State, and WKU were good. No other team in the Sun Belt finished above .500. Even though they finished 1st, I'm still glad we got our of there. I love being in C-USA.

Next season, it will be interesting to see how conferences preform with their new additions. I don't believe the Belt will can produce another season like this year, and I think C-USA is much closer to the AAC and MWC then either of those conferences want to believe North Texas just needs to keep winning.

Yup. The sun belch will be much weaker in 2014.

ULL and Arkansas State are the only two SBC schools I'd like to see ever get mentioned for CUSA membership down the road. ULL, in particular, would be a nice replacement for Toolame. I hope Tulsa, Tulane, and SMU fail miserably in the Allover America Conference...

Louisiana would be an excellent fit in C-USA, and frankly I wish that they would join the conference

• Upvote 1

I don't begrudge the Sun Belt of any accomplishment and I think that Benson deserves a few kudos for making the league as much of a factor as they are. Still, I wouldn't want to go back there.

I, too, would've liked to have brought along Louisiana and Arkansas State instead of the two Florida institutions. One problem is that each Florida University has double the revenue of UL and ASU although about 10,000 short in attendance each.

The Sun Belt is moving east (Georgia State, Georgia Southern, Appalachian State) and the Belt would be a better fit for the Florida schools if they are continually going to draw 15-17,000. Maybe, eventually, the two conferences could work a swap.