UNT Attention

----This past week I have worn a UNT "hoodie" several times (cold) also a green UNT light weight jacket several places and have received a lot of comments from people in various places... [ stores, bank. pharmacy, wife's school ] from them and claiming they watched and enjoyed our bowl game.... I think it gave us a lot of needed attention and I live in West Texas. Having our bowl game on New Years Day I think helped us a lot as well since historically that has been a big bowl watching day.. Never in the past have I had that many comments on what UNT clothing I was wearing. I was on a Christmas Cruise this year in the Caribbean ( a first) and also had several comments on ship when I was wearing a UNT T-shirt.. most were asking if I I lived in Denton.... several were from non-Texans.

---The game was very good for us.. Hope others have seen the same...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 3

I am referred to as Mr Mean Green by a bunch of folks that I do not know. And while picking my kid up from Marcus High School I spotted a kid in NT gear and then there was my boy in his green long sleeved show your Mean Green pride shirt. And I had my smoker painted green.

• Upvote 2

Found this on Midland TV news site:

LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman is making good on a bet with the mayor of Denton, Texas, after UNLV lost a bowl game last week.

Goodman will sport a University of North Texas T-shirt at a Wednesday morning City Council meeting. She's already paid $100 to the UNT athletic department.

Goodman had made a bet with Denton Mayor Mark Burroughs when their respective teams squared off in the Heart of Dallas Bowl on New Year's Day. The loser would wear the winning team's shirt to a council meeting.

The Mean Green beat the Rebels 36-14.

I was in Ruidoso, NM on Bowl Day (planned by wife well before bowl invites) and wore my Mean Green hoodie on the slopes that night. Received comments from four different groups of people about the game.

Several years ago (probably 20) I was in Illinois for a friends wedding and wore a UNT hoodie on the flight and was asked what it stood for. We have come a long way.

• Upvote 1

I am referred to as Mr Mean Green by a bunch of folks that I do not know. And while picking my kid up from Marcus High School I spotted a kid in NT gear and then there was my boy in his green long sleeved show your Mean Green pride shirt. And I had my smoker painted green.

Your smoker is the source of my life's greatest bout with envy