Save the Date! Women's BB Tailgate Event

KRAM1

Save the date: January 18th - Sat. - Noon - UNT Alumni Center at Gateway

The Denton Chapter of the UNT Alumni Association is hosting a pre-game tailgate event at the UNT Alumni Center before the women's basketball game against UTSA on Ja. 18th.

Tailgate starts at NOON...tip-off for the game is 2PM. We will have hot dogs, chips, popcorn and beverages available...and, hopefully, a few special guests will be dropping by for a visit (more on this to come).

Come out and help us support the UNT Women's Basketball team as they open home CUSA play at the Super Pit!

The event is open to all...come on by and enjoy some pre-game refreshments and Mean Green fun!

Hope to see lots of the regulars along with a lot of new faces...should be a great time!

Go Mean Green...Beat UTSA!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Bump...shaping up nicely folks...come out and enjoy a little pre-game Mean Green. Even if the weather is bad, you will be fine...it's indoors! Alumni Center at Gateway. Starts at noon! As the game show says....."Come on down"!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Bump...shaping up nicely folks...come out and enjoy a little pre-game Mean Green. Even if the weather is bad, you will be fine...it's indoors! Alumni Center at Gateway. Starts at noon! As the game show says....."Come on down"!

Sounds GREAT!!! Any plans for one before a men's game? :thumbsu:

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

• Upvote 1

Competing with MG hospitality pre-game?

Yes, Richard, I guess so...but the point is trying to get some new folks to the game who might not be donors to the MGC or at the level required. You know, there is not a time when something doesn't conflict with something else on the UNT campus. There might even be an Oboe Recital around campus at the same time. Really sorry if the efforts we make in support of UNT conflict with something from time to time. It's all good and all support UNT. Bringing more folks to the table that is UNT is not bad...at least in my opinion.

In this case...our event will be free...including the refreshments. Just trying to show a bit of support for the ladies. Would love to have you come by for the event.

Also...worked with the athletic dept. In trying to coordinate and include both, but the logistics just didn't work. Hope to see you at the event...bring a friend or two...how about that friend of yours I met Thursday in the Mean Green Room before the So Miss game. See you tomorrow before the Tulane game.

Remind me, and I'll tell you the "rest of the story" here. Ha! If you don't know it, I can assure you your post has several people laughing right now.

Beat Tulane!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good news! Just got the word that Miller of Denton is going to be donating some "adult beverages" for our event. Really appreciate the help from the good folks at Miller Beer!

Also...just heard from Coach Peterson at the radio show tonight that one of the coaches will be available at noon...so get here on time....to provide us a scouting report.

So, double good news. Going to be fun...hot dogs, chips, popcorn, sodas and "adult beverages"... And UNT basketball! What's not to like?

Event is free and open to one and all. Come by before Saturday's game and enjoy some Mean Green fun!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Bump!

Come on out Saturday at noon! Just got word that Assistant Coach Blair will be with us at straight up noon for a scouting report...so come on out...be there at noon for the pre-game report from Coach Blair!

Edited by KRAM1

Good news! Just got the word that Miller of Denton is going to be donating some "adult beverages" for our event. Really appreciate the help from the good folks at Miller Beer!

Also...just heard from Coach Peterson at the radio show tonight that one of the coaches will be available at noon...so get here on time....to provide us a scouting report.

So, double good news. Going to be fun...hot dogs, chips, popcorn, sodas and "adult beverages"... And UNT basketball! What's not to like?

Event is free and open to one and all. Come by before Saturday's game and enjoy some Mean Green fun!

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...beer...tailgating...hmmm...i just may be there sir...

Today...Noon....UNT Alumni Association Center at Gateway!

Be There!

Coach Karen Blair will speak at NOON!

Hope to see a nice crowd to greet Coach Blair and to come out in support of our Women's team as the tip-off at 2pm against UTSA!

• Upvote 2