HOD Bowl Schedule of Events

Green59

I attended every open to the public UNT event this week in Dallas except for the Letterman's Association Reception. I have to say that the school and the athletic department did a great job with these.

Shortly after we arrived at the Omni Hotel on Monday afternoon we went down to the Alumni Association Happy Hour at The Owner's Box sports bar. I appreciate Rob McKinney's efforts in handling this event including showing all of the Beyond The Green episodes on the TV's in the room he reserved for this event.

We then headed to Babb's Bros BBQ for The Ticket HOD Preview Remote. Great to have Mean Joe, LD and RV on the air. An added bonus was listening to George Dunham and the Bird Dogs play afterwards.

The Pep Rally was a lot of fun. The cheerleaders and the Green Brigade put on a good show. We never get up close to see and hear the opposition's coach, band and cheerleaders like this before any other game.

The day was topped off by the New Year's Eve party. It was a classy event at a nice location with a great view of downtown from the 48th floor of the Thanksgiving Tower. The music and food were excellent. The location was big enough with additional rooms to go to if you wanted a quieter atmosphere. Nice touch was the University providing a chartered bus to get people to the party and back to the hotel.

The North Texas Tailgate in the Embarcadero Building was very well attended. No way anyone there did not get fired up when the band and cheerleaders gave their performance.

As we approached game time inside the stadium I thought about the ticket issue and how it might affect attendance. I looked to my right and to my left and all I saw was a sea of 35,000 + fans in green. Somehow some way the tickets were distributed in time. I will choose to look past the ticket problem and instead focus on how great my three days in Dallas were! Thanks again to the University and the Athletic Department for pulling this off!

• Upvote 6

Kevin,

So proud and appreciative of your continued passion and support. It is a reflection of the growth of the program, of the leadership displayed, when the parents of Letterman stay involved, engaged and joyfully elated about NT football.

I know Troy watched the game with pride. After I saw you post-game, I thought a lot about all the hard work that he and so many other guys put into building a foundation for a team that wins.

GMG

• Upvote 2

Excellent review of the events. I believe your reviews are spot on! I really enjoyed the events I was able to attend and believe our staffers have earned a few days of R&R for a job well done.

BTW...I did get GrayEagle's tickets picked up and delivered them to him at the tailgate event! Was getting a tad worried after not being able to reach him prior to game day! Agree with you...seems all the tickets got delivered, and I did not witness any long and extended lines at will call, so maybe most folks got their tickets prior to game day.

Next year will go smoother and the year after that and after that as the Mean Green makes it's annual bowl appearance going forward!

• Upvote 2