Canadian HS Players

Danish43

I have always wondered if in Canada, HS and Universities have organized Canadian Football within their institution's athletics. I realize their professional league plays on a larger playing field, goal post further down, and 3 downs. I know some years ago we had a starting tackle that played with us and was from Canada.

On another note, I have known of some Mexican Universities that have had tackle football for sometime. In the 70's Monterrey Tech would recruit down here in San Antonio and a few years ago Texas Lutheran, a Division III school played some school in Mexico and had somewhere between 20K to 30K viewing attendance in their May competition.

As a dual citizen that played HS football in Canada, i'll tell you that the difference is laughable. Football there isn't as popular there, probably similar to the popularity of hockey in hockey regions of the US (where it's still behind football and either baseball or basketball).