DMN College Bowl Selectors Like the Mean Green Alot to Win!

Green59

In today's Dallas Morning News all eight people (Chuck Carlton, Tim Cowlishaw, Corby Davidson, Kate Hairpoulos, Emily Jones, Bill Nichols, Kevin Sherrington and Brett Vito) picked North Texas to win straight up. Seven of the eight picked us to win against the 6.5 point spread. The only one to pick UNLV against the spread was our own Brett Vito.

• Upvote 2

On paper, UNLV looks pretty good. This is an excellent matchup and a worthy opponent for us. Vito probably sees that, hence his prediction. If our guys are focused on gameday we will cover. If they still have visions of bowl swag dancing in their heads at kickoff, we're in for a UTSA performance. Watch them on the sideline about the second quarter and see if there is energy. An impressive win would be great for the program but I'll be happy with a win...period.

• Upvote 1

This is another example of Vito who even though some on here love, others feel he is not

truely a big UNT fan . I have talked to sports editors at the DMN and they tell me the

reason we don'thave more writeups in the papeer is because Vito doesn't send them

in to the paper. A lot of us feel he is lazy and does't go out of his way to find and write

more stories about UNT. We did NOT haveba big writeup in todays paper like

UT, Texas Tech, K State, and A & M did. Why no big UNT write up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

This is another example of Vito who even though some on here love, others feel he is not

truely a big UNT fan . I have talked to sports editors at the DMN and they tell me the

reason we don'thave more writeups in the papeer is because Vito doesn't send them

in to the paper. A lot of us feel he is lazy and does't go out of his way to find and write

Wait - the editors who sets the agenda for the sports section doesn't feel the need to formally assign a feature story and expects it out the goodness of Vito's own heart? I hope Channel 5 starts providing them some better content, because that is ridiculous on both sides. Heck, most of the bowls create cut and pasteable preview and feature stories for days leading up to the game and blast them out to everyone - the content is there with or without Vito.

• Downvote 1

I noticed that too, scrappyman1, and although I should be used to it by now, it really made me angry.

There should someone on the staff of the actual DMN who covers local college spots exclusively. The writers on there now are basically beat writers for Big Twelve schools. I wonder sometimes if Kate Hairopoulos is an employee for the DMN or is a reporter on long term assignment for the A&M campus newspaper.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2