Sugar Bowl 70,473

Friday, January 3

Cotton Bowl 72,690
Orange Bowl 72,080

Saturday, January 4

BBVA Compass Bowl 42,717

Edited by UNTflyer
  • Upvote 6

I bet there are more fans at the Fiesta Bowl than expected. A ton of people are gonna buy them at market value through other outlets. They're not gonna pay the highway robbery prices that the Fiesta Bowl forces the schools to pay.

It's a BCS bowl. Every year I've lived out here, it's crazy on whatever day it falls on...and I'm on the other side of the valley. Tons of the people who go live in town, many pick a favorite and sit on that team's side or wear their colors. Hope a similar effect helps UNT on Jan 1st.

It's a BCS bowl. Every year I've lived out here, it's crazy on whatever day it falls on...and I'm on the other side of the valley. Tons of the people who go live in town, many pick a favorite and sit on that team's side or wear their colors. Hope a similar effect helps UNT on Jan 1st.

I went to the Sun Bowl last year, and the locals who just wanted to watch football far outnumbered the combined total of USC's and Georgia Tech's fans.

We have six in our group and am dangerously close to signing up 8 more. I think the walk up and last minute buy by out of towners and curious folks is going to be good. I was thinking 32,000 but we may get 40,000.

GMG

• Upvote 1

I went to the Sun Bowl last year, and the locals who just wanted to watch football far outnumbered the combined total of USC's and Georgia Tech's fans.

People are starved for entertainment in EP. Everyone showed up to cheer against USC because the players were bummed about going to EP and were vocal about it. Edited by UNTexas

People are starved for entertainment in EP. Everyone showed up to cheer against USC because the players were bummed about going to EP and were vocal about it.

LAME. Any chance you get to go to a new city for FREE, with a per diem and gifts on top of that, TAKE IT! Unless a bunch of them were from the area, BE GRATEFUL! Taking in new sights and experiences in a city you've never visited is freaking awesome. A lot of the time when I've traveled it's been on a shoestring budget. They get practically a red carpet treatment at every bowl, don't they?

Anyway, back to the topic, yeah, I'm hoping for a lot of walkups, and I wouldn't be shocked to hear that a huge number of them are alumni who haven't been involved in a while. I'm doing what I can to "sell" tickets by trying to get some more alumni to go to the game that I get to watch on TV...small wins in large numbers, you know?