Long distance dedication

TheFranchise

It doesn't really matte franchise it's a fair statement. The people who think we run at the wron times only focus on when it doesn't work. Whic has been often, but there have been times when it has worked as well. I'm kind of curious as to how much.

Edited by MeanMag

It doesn't really matte franchise it's a fair statement. The people who think we run at the wron times only focus on when it doesn't work. Whic has been often, but there have been times when it has worked as well. I'm kind of curious as to how much.

By the same logic Dickey's draw plays and Dodge's WR screens were brilliant!!

By the same logic Dickey's draw plays and Dodge's WR screens were brilliant!!

I've seen a lot of pass plays on 1st downs this game. You really only have 2 options on either first or second down, and a negative run or an incomplete pass put you behind schedule. The run is working, so who cares how many times we pass one 1st or second. It doesn't matter what we do, it's working.

And the lines you are drawing are strawman.

Edited by MeanMag

I guess that's kind of my point. Yeah, our coaches screw up sometimes, but they've gotten a LOT right this season, too. If they hadn't, we wouldn't be rolling towards "hitting eight."

Our run game has been our meat and potatoes all year. Byrd is a beast and Jimmy is our burner. (As evidenced right there!)

But when you feast on meat and potatoes you can't really complain when you're too full for dessert.

I've seen a lot of pass plays on 1st downs this game. You really only have 2 options on either first or second down, and a negative run or an incomplete pass put you behind schedule. The run is working, so who cares how many times we pass one 1st or second. It doesn't matter what we do, it's working.

And the lines you are drawing are strawman.

Your argument was that running at silly times was ok because "sometimes it works". The same could be said of the Dickey draw or Dodge screen. ALL of them are low percentage. No straw man, just odds. Edited by emmitt01

Your argument was that running at silly times was ok because "sometimes it works". The same could be said of the Dickey draw or Dodge screen. ALL of them are low percentage. No straw man, just odds.

That's not my argument. I'm a left brain kind of guy that likes examples and statistics. Instead of making unsubstantiated claims that we are running at the wrong times, I'd kind of like to know what those times are.

It's not odds if you can't define a right and wrong time.

There are many times that a play works and we do not give credit for being unpredictable, because what was executed was to plan, but as soon as things don't get executed to plan, it obviously becomes the wrong time for that type of play call.

Many people say our offense is predictable and vanilla (even when it works), and when something goes wrong on a play call that is unpredictable, it's labeled a bad play call.

The predominant theory on this board is that we run a lot on first down, but in fact, we don't. Often the run/pass mix is determined by the score of the game, and it will be for all teams in all situations except Baylor, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State and all of the play station fun and gun offensive thoeries.