OK We Have a Gentleman's Wager with RowdyTalk.com!

Harry

No crap Sherlock. It's Connectcut. What the hell else is there? They couldn't even keep the Hartford Whalers, the one professional team in the state. It's a state that you stop to take a piss in and look at the pretty leaves when travelling between Boston and NYC.

Edited by Rudy

I prefer to rent a stadium with honest funds than to fund a stadium with money stolen from students.

the students voted on an athletics fee to help fund the stadium...it passed...apogee exists due to the students voting for it...

http://news.unt.edu/news-releases/unt-students-approve-athletic-fee-will-help-build-new-stadium

so something that happened in 2002 that didn't go into paying for apogee means that the university stole money from the students in order to build the new football stadium???

the students voted (2008) on the fees for the new stadium...it passed...some students loved it, some didn't...where is the theft from the students for building apogee?

Edited by THOR

The student fee that was implemented in 2002 by illegal means was still in effect until 2008, when they passed the new athletic fee. By the time the vote for the new athletic fee took place, UNT officials were already designing the new stadium and finalizing the plans.

If I remember correctly they already had enough funds to do the leg work in terms of preliminary designs and getting bids. Nothing was stolen. If the fee did not pass the 2nd time around, ground would have never been broken until it did.

The student fee that was implemented in 2002 by illegal means was still in effect until 2008, when they passed the new athletic fee. By the time the vote for the new athletic fee took place, UNT officials were already designing the new stadium and finalizing the plans.

of course they were finalizing plans...you want to be ready to go the minute a vote is in your favor...

as for the illegal means fee...i don't see how it has any relation to the stadium vote that the students approved...but, i'm not looking for anything negative, so maybe i'm missing something...

Semper Fi!

I personally cut military a break when I stop them, among the others I offer professional courtesy.

And I'm with you on salutes when out of uniform. Aside from vets who are wearing some sort of clothing which denotes military service when attending a either a military function or a function honoring military, hand over heart. Military and first responders in uniform, salute.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 2