Idea for Apogee stadium

UNTeagle88

Create something like the Oakland Raiders "The black hole", we should recreate it for the Mean Green.. and sit right behind the goal line. This would create such a hostile environment for the away team. Maybe adding this to "The Pit"

BlackHoleFans.jpg

Black-hole.jpg

We could wear something like this....

tumblr_lru696Euuj1r2hpuao1_500.jpg

other ideas include students and others dressing up as:

Ninja Turtles
Green Lantern
She hulk
poison ivy
envy
frankenstein
beast boy
earth benders
Edited by UNTeagle88
  • Upvote 1

I had that idea as well, so my friend and I dressed up as WolveGREEN & Mean Green Man. There were some Ninja Turtles...in our seats at first.

Unfortunately, there were no other participants. It was a "blackout" game and there was a guy behind us in a pink shirt. Many students also not wearing green/black let alone a costume.

It's a nice thing to think Apogee would be like this, but not until it starts selling out and fans can actually start wearing school colors as well as stop sitting on their hands.

I had that idea as well, so my friend and I dressed up as WolveGREEN & Mean Green Man. There were some Ninja Turtles...in our seats at first.

Unfortunately, there were no other participants. It was a "blackout" game and there was a guy behind us in a pink shirt. Many students also not wearing green/black let alone a costume.

It's a nice thing to think Apogee would be like this, but not until it starts selling out and fans can actually start wearing school colors as well as stop sitting on their hands.

I saw you! I think if we got enough ppl interest we could change the culture of "apathy stadium". Its gotta start somewhere. It really starts with them winning. but having a group of 20 ppl show up, dressed up and be into it would help too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The problem with being behind the bench is the CUSA buffer zone rule that prevents students from being behind the bench of the opposing teams. If this got big enough it would draw attention and then it would most likely be shut down or forced to be moved.

The student section is right behind the visitor's bench. Or at least, I as a student have sat at the 50 yard line behind the visitors bench for every game so far. There's two or three groups of frat guys who show up too, someone always gets tossed for harassing the players, and we always manage get a rise out of one of the opposing team's players. It's tons of fun.

EDIT: Also, you could call what OP proposed "The Eagle's Nest" or steal the Jet's (Mean)"Gang Green"

Edited by Angel3Mendoza
  • Upvote 2

Create something like the Oakland Raiders "The black hole", we should recreate it for the Mean Green.. and sit right behind the goal line. This would create such a hostile environment for the away team. Maybe adding this to "The Pit"

BlackHoleFans.jpg

Black-hole.jpg

We could wear something like this....

tumblr_lru696Euuj1r2hpuao1_500.jpg

other ideas include students and others dressing up as:

Ninja Turtles
Green Lantern
She hulk
poison ivy

envy
frankenstein
beast boy
earth benders

Sorry man but this is one of the things I hate about the NFL (which I don't watch) I cringe when I see people dressed like that. It's just cheesy IMO. Is that supposed to look tough?

Just my opinion but NFL crowds= Beer guzzling, middle aged, idiot guys.

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Downvote 2