Darius Terrell

mdmeangreen

I feel a little bad for Terrell inasmuch as he was caught in kind of a philosophy shift by the Texas offensive coaches. At one point, they took big receivers and tried to mold them into tight ends. They had one big hit - Jermichael Finley. Other than that, it was mainly miss, so they scrapped it not long after Terrell hit campus.

We graduate plenty of talent at WR after this season, so he will - with a lot of work and effort - have the oppourtinity to make 2014 his showcase.

All this shows me is what a great job Coach Grant has done with the guys who were already on campus when Terrell arrive. Can't really complain about that. Like the DL, WR was once a weakness that is producing greatly in 2013.

• Upvote 2

I feel a little bad for Terrell inasmuch as he was caught in kind of a philosophy shift by the Texas offensive coaches. At one point, they took big receivers and tried to mold them into tight ends. They had one big hit - Jermichael Finley. Other than that, it was mainly miss, so they scrapped it not long after Terrell hit campus.

We graduate plenty of talent at WR after this season, so he will - with a lot of work and effort - have the oppourtinity to make 2014 his showcase.

All this shows me is what a great job Coach Grant has done with the guys who were already on campus when Terrell arrive. Can't really complain about that. Like the DL, WR was once a weakness that is producing greatly in 2013.

Exactly. I kinda see Terrell maybe stepping up next year to be the type of reliable possession receiver that Darnell Smith is today. But, like you said, it's going to take alot of work from him.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Prior to the start of this season, one of my biggest concerns was the lack of playmakers. The saving grace of the offense, I thought, would be the infusion of new talent via Pegram at RB and Terrell at WR. While I think both of them are studs, what has shocked me is the improvement of our returning WRs (as you mentioned above). Obviously, the return of Chancellor from injury helps--a lot--but I feel like we're seeing better hands and crisper routes from the others as well.

• Upvote 2

IMO, if he hasn't made an impact this year, he isn't going to...Kidsey, and Harris are already ahead of him on the depth chart and are only going to get better. Texas has done a terrible job of recruiting lately and he couldn't play for them. He is going to have the same impact of Tyler Stratford.

• Upvote 1

IMO, if he hasn't made an impact this year, he isn't going to...Kidsey, and Harris are already ahead of him on the depth chart and are only going to get better. Texas has done a terrible job of recruiting lately and he couldn't play for them. He is going to have the same impact of Tyler Stratford.

That could be true as well. Texas hasn't read them very well or fit them into their offense well out of high school for a few seasons. As much as they hollered to rid themselves of Greg Davis...well, they got what they wanted: Davis gone. The problem is, it has meant confusion and less than stellar output from the offense in the years that followed.

Green, how's your son doing, by the way? Is he able to make any of the games?

• Upvote 1