Gone To Trim Some Hedges

FirefightnRick

Glad to here you are going to be in New Orleans. I will have Ernie K. with me and we might try to look you up so you can personally tell him that as a regent who has written 2+ million in checks over the last few years that he doesn't give a rats rear end about athletics or winning. Or maybe you can tell that to former Chair C. Dan Smith, he will be there also and is a seven figure donor..... Just sayin.

So..... Do you know where the MGC Athens tailgate will be :) ?

• Upvote 2

Glad to here you are going to be in New Orleans. I will have Ernie K. with me and we might try to look you up so you can personally tell him that as a regent who has written 2+ million in checks over the last few years that he doesn't give a rats rear end about athletics or winning. Or maybe you can tell that to former Chair C. Dan Smith, he will be there also and is a seven figure donor..... Just sayin.

On short flights like these does Benford get his own ticket or is he checked with the rest of Ernie's luggage?

• Upvote 6

Great.

If he wants my opinions, I'll be happy to give then to him, but he'll need to ask, as I will not ever grab him, RV, or anyone else and force feed my opinions on them. That is just plain rude. If he wants them, absolutely find me and we will have a frank discussion.

But I bet he tells you that criticism comes with the territory when you hold a public position. I bet you he couldn't care less about my opinion, which is fine.

I don't think it was, but if this is some weird attempt at intimidation, you are barking up the wrong tree, my friend. I'll be at the team bar and many functions that weekend. Ernie, you, or anyone else want to have a discussion, find me. Well find us a quiet little corner and talk.

Hey, I'll change my opinions once I get to know them, right?...

Just sayin...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Made the loop 285 by 4:45.... Total driving time 11 hours.... 45 minutes. And got here just in time to see the last 30 minutes of my nephew 's practice. It'll be the only time ill see him play this year since our game is scheduled at the same time as his.

1AxnB9s.jpg

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2

So it's not rude to call them out on an Internet board? Over and over again? They know who you are. I know you. You are supposed to be one of us, one of the best fans we have. Yet you spew sometimes about things that are just not true. Is it not an attempt at some type of weird intimidation to rant that the chancellor and the board of regents don't care about winning? This could not be further from the truth. Are you saying you will not look these people in the eye and say these things to them in person? Tell ernie to his face that 2 million plus is not a commitment to winning? I cannot figure out what your agenda is. Firing rv? Having the governor appoint a whole new board? Why are you torturing yourself? You cannot move a boulder alone. It takes an army. We have slowly assembled that army and you need to be a part of it. The boulder is slowly moving, as it picks up pace the momentum will be awesome. I just thought that maybe talking to some people would calm your rant down a little. We all want the same thing.

Edited by flyonthewall
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So it's not rude to call them out on an Internet board? Over and over again? They know who you are. I know you. You are supposed to be one of us, one of the best fans we have. Yet you spew sometimes about things that are just not true. Is it not an attempt at some type of weird intimidation to rant that the chancellor and the board of regents don't care about winning? This could not be further from the truth. Are you saying you will not look these people in the eye and say these things to them in person? Tell ernie to his face that 2 million plus is not a commitment to winning? I cannot figure out what your agenda is. Firing rv? Having the governor appoint a whole new board? Why are you torturing yourself? You cannot move a boulder alone. It takes an army. We have slowly assembled that army and you need to be a part of it. The boulder is slowly moving, as it picks up pace the momentum will be awesome. I just thought that maybe talking to some people would calm your rant down a little. We all want the same thing.

No, it's not rude. It's a freaking internet board. Go take a look at some others. You will find this one tame, especially after last basketball season when EVERY OTHER FBS SCHOOL would have fired Benford and RV. And perhaps you misread my post. I'll gladly talk to anyone that wants to talk to me. If all these people "know who I am", as you say/warn, all they have to do is come up and ask.

IF THEY WANT, I'll gladly talk with them and ask them why they gave RV a 5 year extension (or was it longer??, we don't know all the details, do we) after a disaster of a basketball season. Why they adopted standards that strive for middle of the pack is another good question. Or why do we refuse to raise the student fee.

But you know what the best question of all would be? Why they feel the need to talk to a fan posting his opinions on a freaking fan board.

As far as what I want? I want to win. I'm sick and tired of losing. I don't want to see a basketball program dismantled. I want consequences when a team that is picked to win conference with a NBA draft pick on the roster quits on a coach who can't, not excuses and a promise that "he must win soon", whatever the hell soon means around here. Historically, it has meant by the end of year 4 of a 5 year contract.

• Upvote 3

All joking aside... Which I normally hate to do... This is the most ridiculously small time post from someone working inside a collegiate athletic department ever.

• Upvote 4

All joking aside... Which I normally hate to do... This is the most ridiculously small time post from someone working inside a collegiate athletic department ever.

In fairness, I don't think he works inside the athletic department, just gives a large amount of money which gets him access to those who do (as it should be). And I absolutely appreciate his and others giving.

But, ya, speaking FOR those people is pretty small time, if that is what's happening.

• Upvote 2