Dan McCarney Radio Show Begins Tonight!

Harry

Dan McCarney Radio Show Begins Monday Night
Rudy's BBQ Host Coaches Show From 7-8

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Aug 20, 2013

The Dan McCarney radio show returns to the air Monday night from 7-8 p.m., August 26th from Rudy’s BBQ in Denton. The show can be heard on the Mean Green Radio Network, KHYI 95.3 FM, KNTU 88.1 FM or KGAF 1580 AM as George Dunham, Hank Dickenson and Steven Bartolotta visit with North Texas head coach Dan McCarney about the upcoming 2013 football season.

Rudy’s BBQ is located at 520 S. I-35E and food and drink specials will be offered beginning at 6:30 p.m. The show will air live every Monday night throughout the football season. Trivia questions and prizes will be part of the hour-long show along with a live microphone for fans to ask questions of Coach McCarney.

Show Dates
August 26
September 2
September 9
September 16
September 23
September 30
October 7
October 14
October 21
October 28
November 4
November 18
November 25
December 2
Dates subject to change

Used to love watching the Hayden Fry Show on TV Channel 39 (?) back in the day and with Bill Mercer as the weekly show's host. (As I recall, it came on each Saturday morning at 10:00 AM).

Wish List: North Texas needs a Dan McCarney Show (on TV) and be one of the first schools in CUSA with a Coach's TV show; after all, there are well over 10 million in our viewship from Waco to Longview to Norman, Oklahoma.

This was the theme song used on Coach Fry's show for 6 years. NOTE: Special thanks to SUMG for remembering the title of this Maynard Ferguson jazz hit which preceeded and ended each Hayden Fry Show.

The producers of the HFS used this songs first .20 seconds (give/take) for the intro and end of the show, too.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Used to love watching the Hayden Fry Show on TV Channel 39 (?) back in the day and with Bill Mercer as the weekly show's host. (As I recall, it came on each Saturday morning at 10:00 AM).

Wish List: North Texas needs a Dan McCarney Show (on TV) and be one of the first schools in CUSA with a Coach's TV show; after all, there are well over 10 million in our viewship from Waco to Longview to Norman, Oklahoma.

This was the theme song used on Coach Fry's show for 6 years. NOTE: Special thanks to SUMG for remembering the title of this Maynard Ferguson jazz hit which preceeded and ended each Hayden Fry Show.

The producers of the HFS used this songs first .20 seconds (give/take) for the intro and end of the show, too.

Loved watching the Hayden Fry show back in the day. Wonder if someone has those shows archived? Would be neat to see them on Youtube.

• Upvote 2

Is it open to the public?

Yep..and you don't even have to stand outside the door! You can come in and grab a seat. Unfortunately, I will have to miss this first one as I 'll be out f town, but I'll look forward to seeing you at several of the shows this year.

• Upvote 1

Yep..and you don't even have to stand outside the door! You can come in and grab a seat. Unfortunately, I will have to miss this first one as I 'll be out f town, but I'll look forward to seeing you at several of the shows this year.

Sounds like a plan to me.

• Upvote 1

Hey Plumm,

You're stretching the DFW tv market a bit. Norman, Waco, and Longview are all different tv markets. Longview's cable system used to include DFW, but I don't think anymore. The broadcast signal doesn't quite hit Tyler. Now if the show were on FOX SPORTS SW, different story.

Grew up in Longview, work in TV.

• Upvote 2

Hey Plumm,

You're stretching the DFW tv market a bit. Norman, Waco, and Longview are all different tv markets. Longview's cable system used to include DFW, but I don't think anymore. The broadcast signal doesn't quite hit Tyler. Now if the show were on FOX SPORTS SW, different story.

Grew up in Longview, work in TV.

EagleD, the MGRN official message board write up used to say that it had a 10 million population listening area when it did have the 100.7 FM Christian radio station which also broadcasted out of either Tyler or Longview, too. (Used to have a friend who was a DJ at Marshall (TX) KMHT back in the day. Is that AM station still in operation)?

That Mean Green official write-up also said at that time that its coverage went all the way into southern Oklahoma. I'll try to find that write-up if I can, but I suppose that is what I was referring to.

Addendum:

Here is this:

Mean Green Radio Network

The Mean Green Radio Network broadcasts North Texas football and basketball games on two radio stations that cover the DFW Metroplex: KHYI 95.3 FM The Range and KNTU-FM 88.1 The Mean Green Radio Network reaches the entire Metroplex and as far north as Oklahoma.

The Mean Green Radio Network reaches 10 million listeners throughout the football and men's basketball season.

With pre-game and post-game shows in every broadcast, North Texas alumni and fans keep their "ear on the ball" thanks to the Mean Green Radio Network.

Each broadcast Mean Green fans are entertained as North Texas alumnus and top-rated sports talk show host, George Dunham of 1310-AM, KTCK - The Ticket, provides insightful play-by-play alongside Hank Dickenson. http://www.meangreensports.com/ot/mean-green-radio-network.html

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1