Thoughts on Derek Thompson back on top

Harry

Honestly, with all of the info given from different people combined with the fact that DT was named the starter, I'm really putting some weight on the possibility that Mac and Chico are trying to f--- with everybody so that nobody knows what to expect. "Hey Derek, you start with the first series and if it goes well, you stay in, otherwise we're going to go all apes--t and throw in a bunch of QBs throughout the game" doesn't really seem all that unrealistic lately.

• Upvote 2

Honestly, with all of the info given from different people combined with the fact that DT was named the starter, I'm really putting some weight on the possibility that Mac and Chico are trying to f--- with everybody so that nobody knows what to expect. "Hey Derek, you start with the first series and if it goes well, you stay in, otherwise we're going to go all apes--t and throw in a bunch of QBs throughout the game" doesn't really seem all that unrealistic lately.

That would be a recipe for a losing season.

Didn't the coaching staff already do enough to destroy DT's confidence in the WKU game? Do they really need to do even more?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Personally, I find it funny that we pretend to know what Coach Mac and Crew know. Remember..this is a game. Strategy.

We don't. Which means the only thing we can use as a barometer is what this coaching staff has done in the past...

Please Lord, let them prove me wrong. PLEASE!!!

After reading this thread, I'm even more worried about our situation at QB. Mac, please let Berglund have a shot.

Why would reading a message board give you any more concern? It's just opinions after all. You and everyone else will know more Saturday. That's when it matters.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Stats from the mock game are not opinions. It's real data....and it should worry you.

Not this guy...I'll wait to see how it goes in a real game...not one where you play yourself. Sort of like kissing your sister...not a real kiss. The real kissing starts Saturday. I'll decide if I should be worried or not AFTER the game. I'm a glass always half full guy...works much better for me that way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not this guy...I'll wait to see how it goes in a real game...not one where you play yourself. Sort of like kissing your sister...not a real kiss. The real kissing starts Saturday. I'll decide if I should be worried or not AFTER the game. I'm a glass always half full guy...works much better for me that way.

That's kind of a weird analogy. Like...if the glass is half-empty, are you that much closer to kissing your sister? Or watching the players kiss? Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the analogy itself, it's just a bit disturbing. I think you probably could have gone another way with that one...