GMG.com C-USA 2013 Pick'Ems Contest is Back!

Harry

LINK TO 2013 GMG.com C-USA Pick'Ems Football Challenge!!!

We had a lot of fun with this last year and should be even more fun with the 2013 C-USA schedule.

Every C-USA team game in 2013 is listed there including both non-conference and conference games...it took awhile!

There are essentially 112 total games in 14 consecutive weeks.

You must be registered and in good standing to play. I encourage all of our conference mates to join in on the fun. If you are not registered and a guest you will not be able to play so take a few minutes to register and join in the fun.

This is a WIN LOSS contest, meaning I will not be providing lines...it's just too much to do with the software I have, but believe me -- it is still fun and quite challenging!

The weirdest week is Oct 19th where there are only three game, ours against La. Tech being one of them... you will notice that a lot of the games show as 12:00 noon starts...that is due to the fact that there are still a fair amount of TBA times on these games. I used the C-USA site but I will go back and try to update those as best I can..feel free to notify me in this thread or via PM if you see something that needs to be corrected.

The deadline for getting your picks in is the start time of the game for that week. I went ahead and loaded them all in now so for those who want to get it all done at once they can but you have the option of going back and editing your picks if you like up until the games start up for that particular week...

As last year I will update the board with how everyone did that week and who the leaders are.

In the case of a tie we will use the C-USA championship game as a tie breaker and if that doesn't get it done we may use other championship games...I am thinking of doing a bowl challenge as well.

VERY IMPORTANT: when you get to the C-USA 2013 Pool you must click on each week of games and make your picks. You must be logged in to do this. MAKE SURE AND CLICK SUBMIT once you pick your games or the program won't record your selections...once the games start if you haven't submitted your picks you are SOL.... the Away teams are always on the left and the home teams are always on the right. Just click on the team you think will win and hit submit. It will calculate your picks and then when the deadline occurs you are locked in...

Prizes... yes there will be prizes and unlike last year there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize... I will provide more detail on this but I am thinking gift cards this year since it will be close to Christmas. You can ask the winner from last year, the prize was pretty good.

Anyhow, if you are registered or even a guest you will see the "Pick'Ems" tab at the top of the site. However, you must be registered on the site to participate and follow the games (hint hint)... Once people start picking games it will show a percentage on those games for each team based on how many think they will win. It's fun to see how things are trending and who is picking who.

OK enough talk, let's get on with the contest! GMG!

LINK TO 2013 C-USA Pick'Ems Football Challenge!!!

LINK TO REGISTER ON GOMEANGREEN.COM SO YOU CAN FOLLOW AND PLAY!

love it. Love even more that all the games are available from the start, so i can make my picks welll in advance in case i don't have time during a week abroad.

Why again is it, that i can't +1 administrators :) ?

p.s. unless I missed something the NT game vs Georgia is missing

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

love it. Love even more that all the games are available from the start, so i can make my picks welll in advance in case i don't have time during a week abroad.

Why again is it, that i can't +1 administrators :) ?

p.s. unless I missed something the NT game vs Georgia is missing

Good catch -- I fixed but look at this, the C-USA official site I used has it missing: http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/c-usa-m-footbl-sched.html

• 1 month later...

Please make sure and review these game rules:

No purchase necessary to enter or win. The GoMeanGreen.com 2013 Weekly Pick ‘Ems Football Contest is an online prediction Challenge. The Contest Administrator is Harry Miers. The Challenge is not endorsed by, associated with, or sponsored by, the National Collegiate Athletic Association ("NCAA") or by The University of North Texas. THIS CONTEST IS DEVISED AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION and is intended solely for entertainment purposes.

1. Eligibility: The GoMeanGreen.com 2013 Weekly Football Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who have reached legal age in their respective jurisdiction. Individuals who have not reached legal age in their respective jurisdiction can enter only with permission of a parent or legal guardian. You must be a registered user on the GoMeanGreen.com Message Board and have 10 posts on the message board to win this contest. The owner of the Website is not eligible to win this contest. UNT Student Athletes are not allowed to take part in this contest. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all set forth herein.
  2. Prize Description: Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. In case of a tie, the winner who submits the closest to the final score in the conference championship game will win and the loser will place in the next position. There will only be three prizes given for 1st 2nd and 3rd. If there is any additional tie breaker required it will be at the sole discretion of the administrator.
  3. How To Enter: The ADMIN of gomeangreen.com will post the start and end of each contest each week. To enter, you must first have a screen name on the gomeangreen.com Message Board(http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register). It is free to register. After you log in to the GoMeanGreen.com Message Board just navigate to the contest link that will be on the GoMeanGreen.com Football Message Board. Submit your selections and pick the winner of each game in the 2013 Weekly Football Contest. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible for a chance to win a prize. Evidence of transmission is not evidence of receipt. gomeangreen.com servers will be the official timekeepers for the Promotion. All entries become property of gomeangreen.com and will not be returned. Entries that are forged or altered will not be accepted and will be void. Entries generated by macros, bots, or other automated methods will be void.
  4. Selection of Winners: The selection of winners is final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. There is one way to win in this contest 1) Accumulate the most points during the contest and you will be able to win one of the three prizes gomeangreen.com is offering in this contest.

The winners will be notified by email (whichever email account is on record with GoMeanGreen.com. The winner will also be contacted by Private Message. The winner will be required to respond to the email within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or fails to respond to the email within the required time period, he/she forfeits prize. All winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a winner is disqualified for any reason, in the following order 1) The member with the second highest point total will win and so on until a qualified winner is selected.

1. General Rules: GoMeanGreen.com reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond GoMeanGreen.com reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by GoMeanGreen.com in its sole discretion. GoMeanGreen.com reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, GoMeanGreen.com reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. GoMeanGreen.com failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless GoMeanGreen.com and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.

If a potential winner is a minor in his jurisdiction of primary residence, potential winner's parent/legal guardian must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings required of the potential winner in these Official Rules, both on behalf of himself and the potential winning minor. Failure to comply with these requirements may cause the prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, parent/legal guardian.

1. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner's consent to GoMeanGreen.com and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, opinions and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
  2. Limitations of Liability: GoMeanGreen.com is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, GoMeanGreen.com reserves the right to award only the stated number of the prize by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible players. GoMeanGreen.com will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, garbled, misdirected, incomplete, or damaged entries; (B) any game disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of GoMeanGreen.com; or © any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the game. In the event that the College Football season is suspended or cancelled, GoMeanGreen.com reserves the right to award a prize based on scores at the time the contest is disrupted, or to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest at its discretion. The NCAA is not a sponsor of or in any way affiliated with this promotion.
  3. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and GoMeanGreen.com in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
  4. Contest Results: Contest winner will be posted in the GoMeanGreen.com Football Forum on the GoMeanGreen.com website.